Metamask not connecting with Trezor and LEdger

That’s the screen we needed. Should be able to click on the nano X, then next and you should be good to go.

1 Like

Its a newer version of Chrome. I restarted the machine and tried to connect Ledger and got this:

WHat should i do?

1 Like

So am I dead in the water with no hope of a fix? ANything I can try?

1 Like

Click the nano x, then connect (posted just before you did yesterday. Then edited after your post sorry. It must not have notified you)

1 Like

I do not understand sorry. Can you resend any instructions? I have the latest Metamask and Chrome. How do I try to fix from here?

1 Like

From the screenshot, you’re almost there.

Click on the line that reads “nano x” in the popup screen. That will select it as the device you want to connect.

Then click the connect button

1 Like

Wow, many hours of my time later it’s THAT. Can you please tell management that the procedure is horribly counter intuitive?

There is simply no way in the world to know that clicking on the NANO word does anything. It is natural to think that the user needs to hit the CONNECT button - and when that does not
work, to think there is a big problem. Can you ask management to put a (CLICK HERE) wording beside the word nano? That way clients can save days of torture and frustartion?

1 Like

ANd once connected can I use the LEdger Live for transactions or is everything done through the hardware Nano X?

1 Like

ALso is TOMB FInance (coin TOMB) supported by Metamask? This is confusing because TOMB is part of the FANTOM network but Fantom is an ERC token. So does that make TOMB friendly with ETH mainnet or FTM network?

1 Like

How the device reports itself to windows (“Nano X”) is managed by Ledger, and that specific window is part of Google Chrome. I can ping our contact with ledger, and the team we work with at Google to see if that could be made more clear. I’ll bring it up with the our devs as well, but I’m not sure if there’s much we can do about that process internally. (as its google and Ledger that control those pieces)

interactions with dapps, or sites will be managed by MetaMask, but will ask for confirmation on the ledger itself.

With the device setup for HID mode, you dont need the ledger software running. Thats only when “Ledger Live” is selected as the connection type. HID mode lets the ledger “talk” to MetaMask directly, kinda like its a keyboard.

This one is a bit more complicated.
Fantom is Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible, which means it can run many of the same applications as Ethereum.

You can add the Fantom Opera network to MetaMask (https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058992772-Add-a-network-using-Chainlist-Extension-or-Mobile)

Then you can add the tomb token (How to View Your Custom Tokens in MetaMask)

Im not sure if there is a version of tomb on Ethereum (usually called “Wrapped [whateverCoinName]” Wrapped Bitcoin is WBTC, for example.) Ethereum has token versions of practically everything these days.

Dont send from one blockchain directly to another.
To send across blockchains you’ll want to use a “bridge” (metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404464724635-How-to-send-tokens-from-BSC-to-Ethereum-or-other-chains)

1 Like