Issues connecting Ledger to Metamask on Firefox - still spinning

Problem:

from the MetaMask icon I select Connect Hadware Wallet, then Ledg, and it spins saying ‘looking for your Ledg’ even though its connected in Eth app is ready

Using Desktop for connecting hardware to MM

Have tried with different Ledger devices

Have tried the following:

• Firmware updates installed.

-In Ledger Live, in the Manager tab, Ethereum app updates installed

-On the device, in the Ethereum app, in settings, ensured Blind Signing is Allowed/Enabled.

• in MetaMask, in Advanced Settings, checked the connection type to WebHID which I cannot find in firefox

-When you go to IMX to set up your ledger wallet, ensure the device is plugged in, unlocked, and the ethereum app is open on the device

Then went through this checklist as I see several others had this problem starting May 2021

I’ve done everything there, with S and X hardware & different cables

As it does not work for 2 diff hardware w 2 diff cables, that narrows it down to the browser or website.

Could scripts or extensions that could cause a problem?

Noscript says permissions cannot be configured so there is nothing to grant access to there, & wot is just rating

First step is clicking on Metamsk and signing in. Then click on icon, there’s a checkmark beside IMX, and click Connect Hardware Wallet

Tried a transaction on Brave browser to test hardware, worked fine.

here’s the vid previously provided explaining at 27:00 how to connect a hardware wallet and split so you can limit access How to Setup A Hardware Wallet | Education Series 5/5 - YouTube

splitting allows one to keep their ETH secure in a cold wallet, while having another location they can transfer just the amount of ETH they want to spend which connects to make the purchase (a potential loss here would limit their loss to what’s in the connected wallet)

I here there are challenges using metamsk on brave browser due to brave wallet which conflicts.

**Does anyone know if one can install the same MetaMask on both firefox & brave browsers? ?

also disabled NoScript & WOT extensions to test, no change

then through this thread on the problem Unable to connect MetaMask wallet to Ledger - #72 by bgausden however it is on chrome, not firefox. I do not want to use a less secure browser.

tried enabling contract data, no change

worked through this thread Metamask not connecting with Trezor and LEdger

tried disabling popups, still didn’t connect

Please advise, thank you

(This is still unresolved after reviewing closed post from last year and this year. Ledger is not found and icon endlessly spins.)

Hey @Cartier, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Have you tried a different browser or a different connection method, like with WebHID or Ledger Live?

WebHID is not an option I can find in firefox.

How would I use Ledger Live? (which is recommended to be closed in the criteria)

I have had success importing mm to Brave browser, looking for how to move accts there if you have a link.

thank you

You can switch to Ledger Live connection through the dropdown menu in MetaMask. Make sure Ledger Live is open when you try connecting through Ledger Live, it should only be closed if you try connecting through WebHID. Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

What do you mean by how to move accounts there? Are you trying to connect to a different wallet address now?

1 Like

using MetaMask Version 10.10.2 in advanced there is no ‘Use Ledger Live’ option.

I have followed the ‘For Firefox and Chrome v90 or older:
How do I connect my Trezor or Ledger Hardware Wallet?’ points several times.

Below that I click connect as per step 4 and it just spins.

Please advise

You can create different accounts within your Metamask, which you see when you click on the coloured icon.

I’m still trying to do what I explained up top, which I believe is called establishing a bridge. Please refer to initial description.
Thank you

A post was split to a new topic: Transaction failed on Fantom

still unresolved…

in addition to previous questions, what does
“A post was split to a new topic: Transaction failed on Fantom” mean?

Is a metamask developer looking into this?

This was an unrelated post from another community member that I moved to a new topic, no need to pay attention to it :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that the issue still continues with the Ledger connection. If you would like, you can contact our support team at https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a conversation

I did that, THIS is the conversation.

How do I contact the support team directly?
Thank you

Once you click Start a conversation a live chat bot will appear on your screen. It will give you an automated response at first, but afterwards you should be able to contact the support team directly and submit a ticket.

1 Like

chat is run mostly by a bot.
The criteria to start the conversation do not allow me to enter the problem.
Once I had something started the agent also closed it unresolved. It’s like dealing with Microsoft.

This means your ticket has been submitted. A support team member will be with you as soon as they can, thank you for your patience! :slight_smile:

ok, while we wait please help me understand the following on your site here

“imported accounts are not associated with your wallet’s seed phrase. This means, if you restore your primary MetaMask wallet later with your seed phrase, the imported accounts will not automatically appear.”

I understand this applies when 2 wallets are involved, however

if a SINGLE MetaMask wallet is being used, and the acct’s within it are imported into the metamsk extension in a second browser, they all still maintain their keys, correct?

Correct, any imported accounts have their own private keys with their own seed phrases associated with them.

1 Like

Despite no additional updates I am aware of - unless firefox installed something in the background - I see some github text extension window flashing several times - and can connect today.
*Still looking for explanation as to what issue was for others & if it recurs in future.

Once it connects and provides the list of 5 accounts, I do not see the account I am looking for. By clicking next it then shows accounts 6 - 10, and continues advancing to display the next 5 accounts however it does not show the one I’m looking for and stops around accounts 40-45 of which I haven’t created that many. Is there a way to search or find the account I’m looking for?

Please make sure that the account you are looking for is your Ledger account, rather than any other account such as your MetaMask’s.

If the issue still continues, here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

2 Likes

It is actually the metamsk acct and shows it is connected to ledger with an oval icon in metamask.

unanswered from the previous:
*Still looking for explanation as to what issue was for others & if it recurs in future.

Once it connects and provides the list of 5 accounts, I do not see the account I am looking for. By clicking next it then shows accounts 6 - 10, and continues advancing to display the next 5 accounts however it does not show the one I’m looking for and stops around accounts 40-45 of which I haven’t created that many.
*Is there a way to search or find the account I’m looking for?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.