Metamask recovery

I updated my MetaMask application on my android phone and it asked for my seed phrase again. I can only remember my password. is there a way to recover it? Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Hello, you always remember or keep your mnemonics in a safe place. Never share it with third parties!

I really hope that the following article will help you:

5 Likes

I tried that but there is no way for android yet. I badly want to recover my account.

1 Like

Unfortunately you will not be able to use the vault decryptor on your android mobile device or other means to recover you wallet without your seed phrase.

Try to remember if you took a screenshot or wrote down a mnemonic on paper.

2 Likes

Is there a way to check MetaMask file on android? maybe I can recover through that.

1 Like

Vault recovery on Android mobile devices is not currently possible.

We are currently working on a solution for Android; as soon as it is available, we will post it here.

Please take your privacy seriously. :pray:

3 Likes

Okay. I do hope it will be out soon. Thank you!

2 Likes

If you do not have the seed phrase then you have lost your money. Sorry.

4 Likes

Absolutely true !

@thirdprize

2 Likes

Hi @SAMCC . Did you tried to back up your undroid? Maybe there is a chance. You need to backup it on the dated BEFORE your MetaMask update.
There is the article from google about back up:
https://support.google.com/android/answer/2819582?hl=en#zippy=%2Cwhat-gets-backed-up

2 Likes

I am still waiting for the android recovery. Still hoping. Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.