NFTs suddenly not showing image

I had some NFTs in my MetaMask wallet. I did not see the NFTs thumbnails but I did see black images with the names of the NFTs and their token ids and suddenly all these images have disappeared and I see blank spaces instead. Does anyone know what could be going on?

5 Likes

Hello and welcome to the MetaMask community,
Make sure that your wallet is the recent version. Close and open your MetaMask and check whether you can view your NFTs. Let us know how it goes.

9 Likes

hey, this may be normal for now.

NFTs are displayed under the NFT tab. Please remember that some NFTs will not show up on the mobile app, or may not show up correctly.

You can check out this article for an introduction.

Expect MetaMask’s NFT to display more complete picture information in the future :fox_face:

7 Likes

Thank you so much!
I’ve got the latest version v5.6.0 (950) and can’t view my NFTs

7 Likes

Thank you so much!
May MetaMask have made some changes? The thing is that I did see something but it has disappeared.

4 Likes

Hi @rambi ,

Can you try clearing your cache/cookies and see how that goes?

If this doesn’t make a change, let us know.

Making sure you have your secret recovery phrase written down somewhere safely before going through various steps suggested.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Also, have you tried the Import NFTs function?

Any chance you can describe what the blank spaces look like? Example…Does it show the token ID or NFT name and then a square above that is same color as background you have.

Thanks again!

8 Likes

hey @rambi , sorry to bother you.
Is your NFT display problem the same as mine? :joy_cat:
If not, would you like to share a screenshot? Remember not to reveal your address and ENS

5 Likes

Hi!
This problem happens in the MetaMask app, so how could the cache/cookies can affect this?

2 Likes

Yes! I’m importing the NFTs via the Import NFTs function via MetaMask app.
Weeks ago → a black space with token id an name of the NFT
now the same NFTs → blank space without information

3 Likes

Hi,
Weeks ago these NFTs displayed a black image with the name of the NFT and the token id.
Suddenly this happened:

2 Likes

My thought was to clear your devices cache but, I don’t think this effects what you’re seeing. I believe it’s a known issue with display but have also passed along to inquire. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @rambi

I had the same issue a while ago and I remember I removed the NFT, added it back again with its contract address & token ID and then the picture was shown. Can you try that and let us know if it works?
p.s. In order to remove the NFT you need to long press on it and then click the Hide option.

6 Likes

Awesome idea, @Urban.Moods !!!

In addition, @rambi you can use something like zapper.fi to see your NFT too. :smiley: you don’t even have to connect your wallet, you can just search for your address :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi @Urban.Moods
It hasn’t worked :frowning:

1 Like

Hi!
Yes you can also see them in Opensea, but I was wondering why they have disappeared from MetaMask and if MetaMask has made some changes.

2 Likes

hi!
it is interesting

2 Likes

Hi @rambi ,

Can you please try going to settings->advanced and changing the ipfs gateway to a different option ?

If this doesn’t work, let us know!

1 Like

It doesn’t work : (
Thanks anyway

1 Like

Our new portfolio app now allows better NFT display! :slight_smile:

6 Likes