Recover wallet from broken laptop

my laptop died with my meta mask wallet installed. got another laptop and put in my SRP but the account address is different and shows zero balance. have added 10 more new accounts but no luck. i can see my address on ethscan with my tokens. if i can get the data off my broken laptop would i be able to recover my wallet?

1 Like

hi @luey70 , can this help you?

3 Likes

no i’ve read all of those articles but they don’t relate to my situation. i have the opportunity to put my old hard drive into a working laptop and am hoping that i can find my accounts that way.

So you want to recover your account from a damaged computer. Several scenarios are mentioned here, hope it helps.

If you still can’t successfully restore it, don’t worry yet, @Luigi is an expert at this, wait for his help.

2 Likes

ok i’ll wait for @Luigi

1 Like

Hi @luey70 you can buy External Hdd Ssd Hard Drive Case :point_down: according to the type of disc :slightly_smiling_face:
sometimes it costs about 10 euros :smiley: or less

and then simply connect the disk to the new laptop using USB :slightly_smiling_face: and you can rescue all data

you don’t have to disassemble a new laptop :slightly_smiling_face:

When you used Chrome :point_down: you can find MetaMask data here
C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn

Firefox:
C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\XXXXXXX.default-release\storage\default\moz-extension+++XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXX^userContextId=XXXXXX

How to decrypt data:

3 Likes

thanks mate that’s pretty much what i did. got the majority back but missing a few tokens that were on other networks, eg: arbitrum, bnb etc. i have added the networks but can’t see tokens even when i do custom token add.

Try adding tokens using the CoinGecko site :point_down: click on the fox icon :fox_face:

Or try :point_down: How to add a token using a block explorer

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.