Restored wallet, but main account disappeared

Hi All, I have restored crashed Metamark account, but the main account does not show up. This happen for the second time this year. Account has assets I need. Can the support help me restore both lost accounts? I have prove of ownership and interaction. Thanks

Hi @MikeBurns, welcome to the MetaMask community.

Are you sure that the account was the main account under the same recovery phrase?
Please try adding the accounts manually to see if the missing account appears.
After restoring, accounts are automatically re-added if they have a non-zero ETH balance.
If the account is an imported account, it will not be added after restoring either.
Please refer to the following article and let us know in case you need further assistance.

2 Likes

@MikeBurns,

Please make sure to read the following article as well:

2 Likes

Maybe I would try restoring the old MetaMask vault data :file_folder:
with the help of programs such as Recuva or Disk Drill

Information about these files can be found here:

1 Like

Hi , Thanks for the quick reply. I did tried all my MetaMask phrases I had and it recognized my Ledger account , but not anything else. The account was not imported ,but a standard one. The missing account has big amount of ETH and it is not 0, still not recognized. Cheers

It is almost 99% sure that I was using the correct phrase, but I will try your suggestion. I had 5-6 MetaMask wallets and keep all phrases. All matched, but this account is still not there. Only the Hardware wallet recognized and all other accounts gone.

I am not sure what is the difference between primary and secondary account, but this one was " Account 1"

Hmm and you wrote the words by hand on the paper? :slightly_smiling_face: the only thing I can think of is that one of the twelve words is wrong :face_with_peeking_eye: and therefore it will show new eth account. Just a small mistake in a word is enough.

2 Likes

I was recovering account from a text doc. maybe will double check, but if even one word is wrong, it will not allow me to recover the wallet at all.

Is there any tech or other support from MetaMask who can actually assist? Thanks

If you think one word could be wrong :point_down: try these tools

BTCRecover

BIP39 Recoverer is a tool to help you restore your Seed Phrase

PS: for greater security, use these tools without an internet connection :globe_with_meridians: or create a Live Linux USB

2 Likes