Recovering an OpenSea account with Metamask

I used an account wallet to sign in Opensea, but my computer got cracked and now I am trying to recover the account wallet I used to sign in Opensea, but to import the wallet I need private KEY, which I obviously don’t have since I’ve got no device which would still be running the wallet within ((

How can I import the bill? Maybe some features playing on the fact that I used it in my MetaMask account previously… ??

1 Like

Imported Accounts are accounts you import using a private key string or a private key JSON file, and were not created with the same Secret Recovery Phrase as your wallet and accounts. For this reason, these accounts will not appear automatically when you restore your MetaMask account with your Secret Recovery Phrase. The data associated with your MetaMask Secret Recovery Phrase cannot be added or extended to the imported account.

Therefore, it is important that you keep the information you use to access Imported Accounts separately and safe to ensure the recovery of these accounts in the future (similar to how you should keep your Secret Recovery Phrase backed up offline).

2 Likes

The account wallet I am talking about is exactly the imported account , and I have lost the private KEY. So what can I do about this?

According to your description, the account you’re talking about was imported and not part of your MetaMask wallet, is that right?

Was there a secret recovery phrase associated with the imported account? Is it possible to access the original source?

There is a recent similar post with responses from @Maryam you can also reference:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.