Restored metamask gave me a new address

Son unos ladrones solo cierran el tema y no ayudan a nadie, hace 2 semanas que se me perdió mi dinero por culpa de su billetera que cambia al reiniciar la billetera

1 Like

the same thing happened to me!! and they keep closing the tickets and the topics!!! I thought it was just me putting the wrong seed but this clearly is a bug on the app

2 Likes

my theory is that these thousands of users are in one way or another being effected by the fact that metamask is an ‘extension’ that relies on a stable and secure and unchanging connection to a users device, be it laptop desktop app etc. This is not possible for the wild environment of actual user use. so thats why ( in my theory) the end user is having these problems

At this point in time i assume that the coders in metamask are frantically working for a fix meanwhile, they will mark all cases ‘solved’ or ‘closed’ due to user error or some scammer activity et al

2 Likes

Jules (MetaMask)

Sep 22, 2021, 7:47 ADT

Hello there,

Sorry to hear that.

Our technical team will further investigate your issue and we will provide an update as soon as we have one.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards,
Jules

This is positive! :thinking:

Hello friends

i got the same error

my account has been changed
I can’t access my old account about 25000 usdt my money is lost

I did a restore

metamask gave me a new wallet.

yes the old wallet information availiable

I’m doing a restore new empty wallet is coming

Hi, I have in my Wallet 2 accounts, or 2 public addresses, the first one is the one it gave by default and the second one I created to use in the BSC network. Yesterday I had problems on my cell phone and needed to reinstall the app. I entered the 12 words, and as usual, it showed me only the default address, I registered the Binance Network, and following the recommendations, I gave it create, so I could recover the second public address, I did it 1, 2, 3 up to 26 times and it still does not show me the Public Address that I had originally. IT IS NOT AN IMPORTED ACCOUNT. It is original from the same wallet. I am entering the seed in the correct order and form, I check to avoid possible errors, and still nothing. I can’t get the second account to appear, I check Bscscan and there I can see my public address, with its balance, but I can’t see it in Metamask. It is the account I have to enter PlanVsUndead. I wrote to metamask support, but they claim it is impossible for this to happen, but it is happening to me!!!, and I read that I am not the only person with this situation, but metamask does not respond and does not seem to take reports seriously. Can you help me?

Metamask does not respond, because they claim, they are lies, or it is false what we say, apparently their algorithms are INFALLIBLE, they think so, because there are many of us with the same problem and still nothing, I have already generated more than 60 accounts, trying to show me the old one, where I have the funds, crazy.
I have already tried this:

The account you are missing was a secondary account created under the Secret Recovery Phrase you currently have.
To check if that is the case, use https:// danfinlay. github. io/ mnemonic-account-generator/ to generate 10 to 100 accounts and check if the missing accounts are in that list.

I generated up to 10000 accounts and still the account I am looking for is not showing up, no one responds on Metamask, what I have done is because other members of this community have posted suggesting, but Metamask DOES NOT RESPOND.

3 Likes

I have the same problem how do I recover my address and account

1 Like

I have the address in the crypto app from my history of transactions where I transferred out but it’s not showing the same one in the MM . Should I delete it and try to restore it again

1 Like

Jules (MetaMask)

Sep 22, 2021, 7:47 ADT

Hello there,

Sorry to hear that.

Our technical team will further investigate your issue and we will provide an update as soon as we have one.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards,
Jules
MetaMask Support | Consensys
Never give your seed phrase/ secret recovery phrase or private key to anyone or any site ever

I was sent this email leading me to think there’s still hope for a positive outcome for us all :+1:

that’s the message they send to all of us, but let’s not lose hope.

1 Like

Those Metamask FUCKERS !!! We need to band together and demand a resolution!!

4 Likes

I’m in the same situation, I’ve done everything I’ve seen in various help forums and I haven’t had success. I opened a call, they got back to me with a wrong answer over a month ago and then no more answer. I don’t know what else to do to retrieve my ETH wallet with the tokens.

1 Like

Hey Douglas this is my current situation… I updated and then went to use my password and nothing worked . I used my seed phrase and it gave me a different address then the one I had and everything is gone !! I don’t know what to do either

2 Likes

In view of the fact that Metamask Support is not responding, and keeps us on the verge of despair. Searching in the networks I found this information https: // blockmit . com /guias /variadas /generar-semillas-bip39-con-dados/ I read and applied what he recommended (following the advice, offline) and I have been generating, more quickly, the accounts, this program generates the public address and even the private address, matches the accounts that I was creating in my wallet, I still do not find the public address I am looking for (with this system I have generated more than 60 thousand, and nothing). I will keep insisting. If you want to try your luck, let’s see if you can find a solution. It is simple to use… Generate a random mnemonic 12 or 24 words, just indicate the amount of words of your seed, in my case it is 12, BIP39 Mnemonic : place the seed phrase (12 words), Coin : select the currency, in our case ETH, and wait for the wallet to be generated, by default there are 20, but you can request to generate more, I have been generating from 10 thousand to 10 thousand. The page will show you a list of 4 columns, including the public address and the private address (which is what we need to import the account). IMPORTANT : you must use this page offline, and if possible on a computer that is not yours, it is recommended. As I told you, I still can’t find my lost public address, the others appear, but I keep trying. Do it at your own risk and discretion, if you manage to get what you are looking for, I recommend to withdraw your currency and leave that account. This is the Link https: // bip39 . net
Have a Nice Day

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out to metamask wallet support!
I am very sorry for my late reply. We are working on high volumes of tickets daily. Thank you so much for your patience. And your response has been received at this time.
Kindly provide correctly the 12 word phrase for this account to enable us assist you resolve your issues. Kindly go to the backup section of your account settings to find your 12 word phrase . kindly reply to this mail with the required info

Is this a scam email? :thinking:

@Hayshed LOL total scam :sweat_smile: check email address sender…

1 Like