Restored metamask gave me a new address

Please… With who do you think you´re talking? I NEVER shared, Share or will share, my 12 word… You are a Scam…

FAULTY Metamask!!! where the fuck are you? Help us all retrieve our correct ORIGINAL wallets back!! SURLY THIS IS A ILLEGAL :thinking::thinking::thinking:

i have problem tonight, so MM not tell about the private key

Hi i’m exactly in the same situation. I reckon the tool only generates ethereum addresses but my old wallet was on the binance smart chain. Any updates on how to recover the account yet? Metamask support is doing sh1t.

Hi there,
we’re facing the same problem. Could anybody find a solution? After restore with seeds a new account without balance was created. How to get the old address and why was there created a new one??
METAMASK SUPPOPRT… WHERE ARE YOU??

1 Like

resting on our money

pudiste recuperar tu metamask estafada? me ha sucedido igual, todos los BNB que paso a mi billetera de manera automatica me los roban. no puedo realizar ninguna gestion de mis tokens porque me roban los BNB automaticamente

I have the same problem and I wonder why Metamask is not looking for a solution and does not increase security.
How can our stolen assets be returned?

Unfortunately there’s no way. We should have used a cold wallet and not trust wallets like Metamask, at least not 100%. These issues are happening and are natural because of the huge eco system behind the global blockchain.
Like I have, just learn out of this experience and make it better next time. I have now a ledger and transfered all assets from a second account already and feel better now.

i just get the same problem today,any fix?

Ricos (MetaMask)

Oct 29, 2021, 8:51 ADT

Hello,

I’m really sorry to learn that you are facing this issue.

I regret to inform you that unfortunately we can’t reverse or restore any transactions on your account, nor can we edit your Seed Phrase / Secret Recovery Phrase phrase on your current account.

If you

• see a transaction that you did not authorize
  • connected to a scam/phishing website or app which is not legitimate
  • see that your tokens are transferred out right after you deposit
  • wallet address changes from the one you copied after you paste it
  • engaged with someone who asked you to connect to their app/website, to provide your password or to provide your Secret Recovery Phrase

Your account has been exposed and potentially compromised.

The next best thing to do now is to discard the wallet in question, create a new wallet on a secured device/browser after reinstalling the MetaMask app from our official website (https://metamask.io/) and transfer the funds into the new wallet.

Same Bullshit coming out of metamask :thinking: like it’s our fault metamask has a glitch in the system!

Hi, everyone!

I’m posting my experience here since I also received help from this forum. I experienced the same issue: I was getting a brand new account (public address) and not loading my original account, even when I successfully logged in with my seed phrase.

What I realized was that I was using the wrong seed phrase. It was for a different wallet.

Here’s the piece of info that I wasn’t able to find in this forum. What’s extremely confusing and misleading in the importing account experience is that MM will still say “congratulations, you passed” even when you enter the wrong seed phrase. So even though you selected the import option, MM was still creating a new account for you based on a non-MM seed phrase.

I was able to get access to my original account by using the correct seed phrase and correcting a misspelling in one of the letters.

Here are a couple of measures you can try:

1. Try all of your available 12-word seed phrases.
  2. Spell check your seed phrases.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Hi,

I’m unable to find my tokens after restoring MM on my laptop.

Seed phrase, private key ok. network ok.

When i import the token contract, they display with an error message saying: “we had trouble loading your token balances. You can view them here” click on here then redirect to a eth scan while my token are on bsc.

When i check the address on bscscan, also, no track.

I don’t know what to do now, did someone experience the same issue?

Looking forward to your help

Thank you