SAND tokens in wallet

I am a bit of a newbie, but my wallet shows SAND tokens in it but I am unable to sell, swap, or transfer them. Any ideas would be appreciated

hi @butchhal .welcome to MetaMask community.

Anyone can deploy a token with any name and send it to you. You need to decide if it is a scam and if it has value.

1, Find its contract address on the blockchain browser. Check how many holders it has and how often it is traded. If there are very few holders and no trading activity for a long time, then it is likely to be a scam.

2, Paste the contract address on www. geckoterminal. com to view its trading volume and liquidity. If it is 0 or very low, then the token has no value or is even a fraud. ignore it.

3, Always be vigilant, tokens airdropped directly to your wallet are likely to be scams.

3 Likes

I bought the sand tokens myself a couple of years ago

Understood. You need gas tokens to trade or transfer it.

Is it the SAND below? It is deployed on 4 networks. First, identify which network your token is on, and then transfer the gas token of the corresponding network from an exchange.

4 Likes

That kind of went over my head. I went through uniswap and traded ethereum for sand back in 2021
How do I identify what network it is on?

Paste your address on debank. com , or click portfolio of MetaMask, you will see the network where the token is located.

Your SAND should be on the Ethereum mainnet, make sure you have enough eth to trade or transfer. If not, you will need to transfer eth of Ethereum from an exchange.

Since mainnet fees are very high, my suggestion is to send SAND to an exchange and trade it there.
When you transfer it to an exchange, make sure it supports the network your token is on, otherwise your token may be lost.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.