Sent ftm to fantom, have I lost them?

Hi,

From my searches you get this alot. But I feel like the majority are binance chain issues where as I feel my problem is more newbie/stupid.

I was trying to buy some coins on spookyswap. I needed ftm tokens which I purchased off uniswap. But although they where in my metamask I was unable to use the on spookyswap becasuse i needed to use the ftm on the fantom network.

So I took it upon myself to go into my metamask, click send to Fantom, this is the transaction

0x44c625d61b530bd4e27c7451210abd272b35587592b2b3d4b8f8362910b965de

obviously I had no idea what I was doing as I just expected it to appear on the wallet under a new network, which it didnt.

I then setup the fantom opera network on the metamask and I also imported the ftm token onto that. But still nothing has showed up.

I dont really understand etherscan but I feel like my coins havent been lost, theyre just waiting for me to do something. I can see the tokens have been sent somewhere and I think its directly to Fantom, if I am reading this right would fantom be able to give them back?

Thanks
Marc

Hey @marccheshire, unfortunately, it does look like these tokens were on Ethereum and have been sent to the wrong network.

Tokens cannot be directly transferred from network to network, they must be transferred using a bridge. All transactions on the blockchain are irreversible, and these tokens cannot be retrieved.

Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

Thanks for the response.

Metamask emailed me and said that it looks like its gone to uniswap and they may be able to retrieved them, so fingers crossed!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.