Sent money to Avalanche (unbridged) to C-Chain. Looking for qualifications

Good Morning,

I made one of my first blunders in the crypto world by sending money (USDC) to my Avalanche Wallet but the exchange I use to purchase them has the USDC on the ETH network.

I sent money to the C-Chain and it proceeded it. It obviously didn’t show because the USDC wasn’t on the Avax network. It is on the ETH network as per ETHscan here: 0x90FdE6E755B27827c73A22C82eDD64e656A633Fa. This address code is the same as the C-Chain for my Avalanche account.

I’ve been told that if I reset my account it would reappear and I should be able to get it. I do not have the ETH account version of its recovery codes or pneumatic phrase but I do for my Avalanche account. If I reset my Avalanche account would it show up in the C-Chain over there or is there a way to use MetaMask and connect to the account to get access?

I’m under the impression the money is gone (it’s $30) no biggie. But figured I would try the community.

3 Likes

As you said, USDC is on the Ethereum mainnet, no need to reset the wallet.
Switch your wallet to the Ethereum mainnet, follow the method below and then import the contract address to see it.

4 Likes

If you want to send usdc to AVAX-C chain, there are 2 ways:

Way 1:
bridge USDC from Ethereum to AVAX, you need Ethereum’s eth as gas. Since the cost of bridging is very high, I recommend you to use the second method. :point_down:

Way 2:
1). Send eth of Ethereum from exchange to your wallet, the amount received is about 5 USD, and then transfer USDC back to the exchange.

2). See if the exchange supports the USDC withdrawal of AVAX-C chain. If it supports it, just select it.

3). If it is not supported, you can use other exchanges, or directly withdraw AVAX token, and then swap it into USDC on DEX.

BTW, if you want to trade on AVAX-C chain, you also need avax token as gas.

4 Likes

Hi there,

I appreciate the information.

I am on the Ethereum Mainnet for my MetaMask but I can’t seem to connect the account where the USDC and my MetaMask account together. Up until yesterday, the 0x90FdE6E755B27827c73A22C82eDD64e656A633Fa account I never had any interactions with (to the best of my knowledge), and the only transaction that’s on the account is my deposit of the USDC. I don’t really know who owns it or how to be able to connect it to my personal accounts in order to retrieved the money. I can add that account to MetaMask as a watch account but not one I can interact with beyond observing so far.

1 Like

I was told on the Avalanche discord that account is a multiplatform one so I should be able to get it but I don’t have any keys or pneumonic phrases for the ETH version of it. Just the Avalanche C-Chain account.

This address code is the same as the C-Chain for my Avalanche account.

Sorry I may not have understood you just now.
Isn’t this your address?
0x90FdE6E755B27827c73A22C82eDD64e656A633Fa

Its 22.7 USDC comes from the transfer of this address.
0xa21A16EC22a940990922220E4ab5bF4C2310F556
Is it your address?

1 Like

Hi there,

So 0xa21A16EC22a940990922220E4ab5bF4C2310F556 is the address from my exchange. I transferred it to the 0x90FdE6E755B27827c73A22C82eDD64e656A633Fa (on the avalanche wallet) so the 3Fa is my address. Where I am stuck is that it’s an Avalanche wallet address and obviously the USDC is on the eth network.

The 3Fa on the ETH network I don’t have any control of (I believe) but the code is the exact same as what I see on my Avalanche wallet C-Chain address.

Where I am stuck is that it’s an Avalanche wallet address and obviously the USDC is on the eth network.

You should have chosen the Ethereum channel when you withdrew from the exchange, so USDC reached Ethereum

The 3Fa on the ETH network I don’t have any control of (I believe) but the code is the exact same as what I see on my Avalanche wallet C-Chain address.

The seed phrase of AVAX-C chain and Ethereum is the same, as long as you control AVAX-C, you control its Ethereum account.
Can your AVAX wallet switch to the Ethereum network? Follow my answer above and you will be able to find USDC for Ethereum.

3 Likes

My Avalanche wallet is the core product from the AVAX team so I don’t believe it can switch to Ethereum but I will investigate that.

I think I am making process. Will advise

I just created an AVAX wallet with seed phrase of 24 words. After I import it into a new MetaMask wallet, the address it generated on Ethereum is the same as the address of the AVAX wallet C chain.
So you can import 24 words to a new MetaMask wallet (Be sure to download from official channels), and then you can see your USDC on Ethereum.

As I said, since you chose Ethereum instead of AVAX-C when you withdrew, it went to Ethereum. Remember to choose the correct channel when you withdraw money next time. :joy:

3 Likes

Haha I appreciate the assistance. I believe that I have gotten control of the money again. I just need to send some ETH to be able to send it out of that account.

Just another quick clarifying question. If I have the USDC and I bridge it to Avalanche (properly this time). It should show up in the avalanche account correct since it would be USDC.e?

I just need to send some ETH to be able to send it out of that account.

yes :+1:

Just another quick clarifying question. If I have the USDC and I bridge it to Avalanche (properly this time). It should show up in the avalanche account correct since it would be USDC.e?

Since your USDC is on Ethereum, not OP or ARB, the bridge fee is very high, maybe 10-20 USD? If you decide to do this, please transfer at least 20 USD eth.
It should be USDC.e, I’m not sure. But it’s okay, you can exchange it directly with MetaMask, the gas of AVAX is very low

4 Likes

Hi there,

I have gotten control of the money again. I appreciate all your assistance and help in this matter. It was very helpful! I’ll try not to be stupid next time
:smile: :rofl:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.