Stock with nft mint pending

Hello. I try to mint 3 free nft (just pay for gas) and i modified the gas fee. After 1 hour a press cancel but it was asking for big gas fee( which i did pay). Now the mint is pending for 2 days. it says Mint Pending and under “Speed up this cancellation”. Now i can’t mint anything because of this pending. Thanks

6 Likes

Have you tried the steps listed here?

5 Likes

I try to take the steps but i dont remeber the : ’ with the same nonce as the transaction that is still pending.

7 Likes

A block explorer can show you that. Grab your transaction hash and search it on: https://etherscan.io/ (assuming its on the ethereum network, BSCscan.com for BSC, etc)

It’ll be shown in “others” section under the “click to see more” link near the bottom

6 Likes

is like this
Txn Type: 2 (EIP-1559) Nonce: 15 Position: ( Pending )

so i have to take the steps and put more then 15? ok?

6 Likes

You’ll want the same nonce as the oldest transaction that is still pending.

The Ethereum network only allows one transaction nonce. So when you re-enter the transaction, with the same nonce it starts a race. Whichever one has the highest transaction fee will be processed first. That one makes the others with the same nonce invalid, and they’ll drop off.

5 Likes

ok . so i transferred from account 2 in account1 and i modify at gas fee and write 15. its still pending. its ok? I just have to wait a little?

5 Likes

Depends on transaction fees. The higher they are, the faster the miners will fight each other to finish it first.

They only get paid if they are the one that finishes it, so they prioritize the highest fees first.

It’s one of the growing pains of blockchain Tech. It got too popular for itself. There are a few scaling solutions (called Layer 2) that aim to help reduce fees and increase speeds, but they take time to implement.

Once the “Shard Chain” upgrade on Ethereum mainnet completes, transaction throughput will be considerably higher (currently around 15 transactions per second, after the upgrade it’ll be around 150,000)

3 Likes

ok. thank you. ill wait and see.
its there a way that you guys can do something directly and stop it? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We don’t have any level of access to your accounts. Great for security, but it means there’s little we can do in instances like this.

3 Likes

ok. thank you for the time. ill wait until tomorow and see. if is not completed ill come back and write.

Generally, for these transactions to be successful, it’s best to set your MAX FEE at least 30% higher than the transaction you are cancelling/replacing (e.g. if your previous MAX FEE was set to 150 Gwei, you’d want to choose something in the realm of 200 Gwei).

ETH amount can be left at 0.

should i do that instead.?

3 Likes

if you want to share the transaction hash, I can take a look.

Another great tool is: 71 Gwei | Ethereum Gas Tracker | Etherscan

It helps get a sense of what current transaction fees are.
Different transactions have different fees. Gets kinda technical, but theres a few estimates for the common types of transactions listed.

Sunday/monday when the US is asleep is typically the cheapest times.

3 Likes

transaction hash…you mean to copy transaction id?

3 Likes

That’s the one.

They’re publicly displayed on the blockchain, but some people dont like to disclose them (as it connects the post here to a wallet address.)

So it’s entirely up to you.

What I would do is compare the transaction fee you set as the max, to the others waiting to be processed (called the MemPool) and try to make an educated guess on if it should clear with the transaction fees you set.

3 Likes

first
Value: 0 Ether ($0.00)

Max Txn Cost/Fee: 0 . 00606261262176 Ether ($17.51)

Gas Price: 0 . 000000008786395104 Ether (8 . 786395104 Gwei)

Ether Price: $2,918.34 / ETH

Gas Limit & Usage by Txn: 690000 | ( Pending )

Gas Fees: Max: 8 . 786395104 Gwei |Max Priority: 1 . 551 Gwei

Others: Txn Type: 2 (EIP-1559) Nonce: 15 Position: ( Pending )

and the one ive done today

Value: 0 Ether ($0.00)

Max Txn Cost/Fee: 0 . 000315 Ether ($0.91)

Gas Price: 0 . 000000015 Ether (15 Gwei)

Gas Limit & Usage by Txn: 21000 | ( Pending )

Gas Fees: Max: 15 Gwei |Max Priority: 1 . 5 Gwei

Others: Txn Type: 2 (EIP-1559) Nonce: 17 Position: ( Pending )

2 Likes

Is that close to what Metamask is suggesting?

3 Likes

the nonce on the first is 15 and on the one i put today is 17
the gas fee max: on first one is 8 . 786395104 Gwei |Max Priority: 1 . 551 Gwei
on the one i put today is 15 Gwei |Max Priority: 1 . 5 Gwei

on the link you sent me says to put with 30%more…

Set your gas limit comparable to or slightly higher than your original transaction , and your max priority fee to at least 10% higher (in gwei) than the GAS FEE from the original transaction that is pending (e.g. if that transaction had a gas fee of 30 Gwei, please set the MAX PRIORITY FEE in the replacement/cancellation transaction to 33-35 Gwei) .
Generally, for these transactions to be successful, it’s best to set your MAX FEE at least 30% higher than the transaction you are cancelling/replacing (e.g. if your previous MAX FEE was set to 150 Gwei, you’d want to choose something in the realm of 200 Gwei).

ETH amount can be left at 0.

3 Likes

The nonce has to be the same to replace the previous transaction. (this invalidates without needing to be checked by miners)

Different nonce will look like different transactions to the network.

In this case, If the newer one succeeds, it will cause the other one to fail (though transaction fees will be charged in this instance, because miners have to check if its valid. Which it wouldnt be, because the higher fee transaction will process first)

For the transaction to be processed it has to have a high enough transaction fee for miners to accept it. Miners only get paid when they find the solution, so they go for transactions with the highest fees first.

If its too low, it will sit ‘pending’ until too many other transactions with higher fees enter the mempool. Theres only so much space. Too much traffic, and eventually the lowest ones can get bumped out. This is one of the causes of a failed transaction.

2 Likes

so …ive put the same once and now ill wait. I have 3 orders now…and hope that they will close…

3 Likes

hello. so nothing change. i have 3 orders in waiting and i try to mint some other project…so now im at 4 open orders from yesterday and i cant mint anything…

2 Likes