Successful transaction but coin value has 6 zeros in front of the balance?

I transferred Gala out of my gala account to MetaMask, I transferred the full amount of 4,8176 to MetaMask, when the coins showed up it showed up as .00000048176. With no coins left in my Gala account. On etherscan everything looks like a normal transaction, just wrong in MetaMask. Any suggestions? I’ve tried just about everything but coming up with nothing. Anyone? The value is over 2k so it wouldn’t be gas fees.

11 Likes

How did you add the token?

5 Likes

I have exactly the same problem, so would be interested to find out how to fix it as well.

4 Likes

Hey @hollywoodscoob and @webbiz12, try these steps in our Knowledge Base:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just found this problem (wrong decimal point, mine is 0.0000000199) and tried every step from @nakedwinnie, it does not work for me, maybe the problem is about gala wallet and metatmask extension on chrome windows. Because metamask extension on chrome mac os shows me the correct value. Hopefully, dev is fixing it. :grimacing:

1 Like

Yea that’s weird, it may be a specific bug in regards to GALA, sorry the issue still persists :frowning:

If you would like, you can submit a ticket to our support team here:

https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a Conversation

1 Like

@hollywoodscoob @chickenbone101 @webbiz12

Do you have token detection turned on?

I didn’t have that on, but have now but still the same issue.

I did not turn it on both windows and mac os (disable by default), but on mac os working fine. After turning it on nothing was changed. As for now, I have submitted a ticket to support.

I added the token normally by going to etherscan and getting the address of the token and adding it into metamask, some small amount came through, it has 6 zero’s in front of the amount that was supposed to be transferred!

MetaMask Ethereum receiving address is correct, not sure how this happened, but i’m missing over 2k!!

Yes token detection is on, has been on!

1 Like

Already submitted ticket over a week ago, still waiting for response!

I consider this a problem if other people are experiencing the same issue! Also you’ve had my $$ locked up for almost two weeks! I need some answers!

Same with me no answer for nearly 2 weeks.

1 Like

@hollywoodscoob try the page Coingecko :point_down: click on fox :fox_face: icon
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/gala

4 Likes

This WORKED!! Thank you! Not sure what that was but as soon as I clicked on the Fox, coins updated! WOW such a simple fix! THANK YOU!!!

2 Likes

@webbiz12 this solution worked for me! I hope it works for you!

2 Likes

Luigi, your genius thanks so much for your advice it worked straight away.

2 Likes

@webbiz12 glad we found the answer! THANKS LUIGI!!!

2 Likes