The vulnerability of the human factor

Hello, I had an unpleasant situation, I sent a large (for me) amount of tokens to the exchange that this exchange does not support, it happened by mistake, just a misclick, and now these tokens are lost. So I had an idea that I would like to see in the MetaMask interface, when I add a new address to my address book, it would be nice to have options to specify exactly which contracts this address can accept, and prevent unsupported tokens from being sent, it would save my assets.
I understand that my experience is not entirely related to the security system, but in this case, it makes no difference to me how my funds were lost, due to my stupidity, or hackers did it, the fact is that they are lost. Therefore, in my opinion, it would be very useful to have such an option in the interface, to protect assets from such situations. I hope that this will help other users to save their money. Thank you for attention!

1 Like

Hello @Anykey !
Welcome to MetaMask community !

Iā€™m so sorry to be meeting you all under such sad circumstances :crying_cat_face:
Did you transaction within EVM networks?
MetaMask has a lock that does not allow you to make a transaction outside the EVM chain.

1 Like

No its EVM, but centralized cryptocurrency exchanges generate and maintain addresses for deposits through smart contracts, and if you send a token there that this particular exchange does not support, it will not appear on your deposit, you can only admire it in the explorer and do nothing. In my specific case, it happened in the Polygon network, I forget swap wrap tokens to regular, and send it to exchange.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.