Here’s everything you need to know about the NFT drop:
When is the NFT drop and how to get notified?
The NFT drop will open the day of the merge around 9am EST and will remain open for 72 hours to claim. The exact day and time of release will be announced closer to the Merge.
You can sign up for notifications of the drop by clicking the “Be the First to Know” button in this article: Explore the Merge with Consensys
Be careful of scams. Watch for official announcements from ConsenSys for this drop. ConsenSys will never do a stealth or surprise mint.
Is this NFT free?
- Yes, this NFT is free; anyone can mint as many as possible via individual transactions. The only cost incurred will be from paying gas fees for every mint. These gas fees can vary significantly based on activity on Ethereum mainnet.
What is gas?
- Essentially a transaction fee paid to secure the Ethereum network, gas is the unit of measure for how much computational work is required to process transactions and smart contracts. To learn more about gas, read this user guide
How can I claim the NFT?
- Connect your MetaMask wallet
On the day of the Merge, a link to claim the NFT will be posted on the Merge hub, and this will lead you to the claim page where you will be asked to connect your MetaMask wallet.
Don’t have a MetaMask wallet?
- You can easily download and install MetaMask and follow the instructions to get set up.
Buy Ethereum and add it to your wallet -
- In order to pay the gas fee to mint your NFT, you will need to have ETH in your MetaMask wallet. You can easily buy Ethereum directly from MetaMask by following these instructions:
How long do I have to claim it?
- The claim window will start on the day of the Merge around 9am EST and will remain open for 72 hours. This answer will be updated as we draw closer to the Merge and get a better sense for exactly when minting can begin.
How many open edition NFTs can I claim?
- You may claim as many open edition NFTs as you want while the claim window is open, but can only mint one NFT at a time.*
For more information, see this blog :
REMEMBER: Be careful of scams. Watch for official announcements from ConsenSys for this drop. ConsenSys will never do a stealth or surprise mint.
Places you can watch for official announcements:
Here on the community forum
On the official Twitter for ConsenSys here (beware of imposters!) : https://twitter.com/ConsenSys
If you have any questions or need support about the NFT drop and your MetaMask wallet, please reply in a post here!