Tokens Transferred from Wallet to Ethereum Binance-Pegged Ethereum Token - but not in Wallet

HI Winnie

can you look at this transaction please -

any way to reverse this? or will there be a way one day? i did this using Metamask - so hopefully it can be UNDONE?

2 Likes

You sent them to your Coinbase USDC address, correct? You can contact Coinbase support and see if they can do anything for you.

Unfortunately not :frowning:

All transactions on the blockchain are irreversible.

Seems there are many many people
Making mistakes and losing money. It would be great if MetaMask did not allow this kind of mistake. (That is - give a warning or just not
Permit the transaction with this outcome ) How depressing. Is there any chance MetaMask might update software one day to help People retrieve crypto sent into space like this ? I assume some people have lost much larger amounts of $ :cry::sob:

In my case I was just trying to covert some
Money into ethereum. And instead I sent it to ethereum - good help us all

Are there Humans at ethereum that could help send it back ?

im not sure what they could do, if i cant send from here tothere, they never would have gotten it in order to do anything about it ya?

Hi Winnie, i have looked at my transaction over and over -

I decided to put the TO: address into Dextools and it pulls up someones wallet and I can see my transfer. I never put a wallet address into metamask though -i will just trying to convert BNB to ETH.

and I cant find any support at dextools…

this is so frustrating - now it seems metamask has sent my funds to some random wallet.

and I cant understand why in my metmask this wallet was introduced and appears in a whole bunch of From To - in my activity…

why would the same wallet be appearing in my metmask at all? this is so messed up

4 Likes

Coinbase does have access to that wallet in BSC network where your USDC is. But I doubt they can help you anytime soon, their customer service is pretty much full and even large customers are having problems getting a human on the other side to help them. I would still try to send them a support ticket explaining the situation, they might even have automated system for it, because its pretty common for people to send to the wrong address / via wrong network. But Metamask is not able to help in this at all

1 Like

The wallet you sent them to is 0x exchange proxy wallet in BSC. You could ask in their discord about it.

Thanks man - you have been super knowledgable. like a knight riding a horse. helping the poor village folk…

I will try contact coinbase as you suggest. Having no support with these platforms is exhausting - and they are taking fees, and not keeping up to speed with support… pity…

Which discord did you mean - coinbase?

The coinbase comment was for Gee3Darth when he sent USDC on BSC network to Coinbase that supports ETH network only. You sent that Binance Peg ETH to 0x exchange proxy wallet, its still there btw. I would ask about it in the 0x exchange discord and tg.

im looking for a discord called 0x exchange… no luck… any tips?

I cant post links here but go to google, search “0x exchange” and when you get to the website, scroll down to the bottom where you can find the discord under “community”

1 Like

thanks for the suggestion - ive given it a go and posted in there… appreciate your time and brains.

If you sent some ETH and it ended up as Binance-pegged Eth in your transaction report but not showing in your Metamask wallet, Don’t Panic! it is easy to solve it.

Just head to your Metamask account, under binance Network (If you don’t have it you should add it) Read this article: connecting-metamask-to-binance-smart-chain
in academy binance website.
Then you need to collect it as a custom Token, In Metamask just click on the “Import Token” and head to 2nd tab “Custom Token” and click on it.
From Your bscscan Transaction report page, click on the “Binance-pegged Eth” in “Tokens Transferred” row. In the Next page, from profile summary , copy the contract code and paste it in Metamask’s custom token, under contract bar. fill the other 2 after contract and click Add. Voila!

Now your Metamask can receive your Binance-pegged ETH from Binance Network.
Hope it helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes