Unable to connect MetaMask wallet to Ledger

Hi, metamask with ledger works on chromium browser. My OS is mx linux

1 Like

Ok so it was working fine for me for days, even months, and since today I canā€™t do anything with my Ledger account linked to MM. Donā€™t get the confirmation on the ledger. I tried everything : reseting account, rebooting Brave, rebooting iOS, and itā€™s still not working. I donā€™t know what I can possibly do, this is frustrating. Why canā€™t I even have a bug report? I have nothing to share about that issue
Info: Iā€™m using MM Ledger on Brave, iOS. No Ledger Live, Ethereum app opened before as always.

2 Likes

I was getting this error, I uninstalled and reinstalled MM to the latest version at the time (10.0.2) and was having issues again where the bridge would not open in ledger live so I could not interact with hardware accounts with MM.

Turns out, after reinstall (and importing accounts using seed phrases) I forgot to re-enable ā€œUse ledger Liveā€ option in advanced settings. Hit that switch and things are working again today. Dunno if that fixes the issue for others but it worked for me.

1 Like

Alright frens, I think Iā€™ve found all possible bugs! I hope the following resolves your issues.

• Make sure Ledger Live, Ledgerā€™s Ethereum app, and MetaMask plugin are all up to date

• Go to settings on ledger and power off, letā€™s start fresh

• Click on the Ethereum application on your hardware wallet display then click on settings and turn on contract data. Or else it wonā€™t work properly

• Make sure Ledger Live is turned on under advanced settings in MetaMask

• Ledger Live can get stuck in a loop when trying to open bridge, to prevent that open the Ethereum app on your Ledger before opening Ledger Live

• If all else fails, try using another browser. Could be a cacheing issue but Iā€™ve had something fail on Brave that then worked when I tried on Chrome

WAGMI
ā€“ @Da0b0y

2 Likes

I tried all your suggestions and it works most of the time - thank you.

But one wallet is now stuck with pending ā€œtransactionsā€. I accepted them on metamask but it did not show anything on my ledger but the transaction did not fail.
What can I do to clean this up?

1 Like

Make sure your Ledger firmware is up to date (v2.0.0). This is required for it to work with MetaMask v10.1.0 which is rolling out to all users now.

1 Like

It is up to date.
The interesting thing it is only happening with one of my ledger addresses, the other ones work fine.

1 Like

same !! but we donā€™t have to use ledger live option anymore though. so that wonā€™t fix my issue :frowning:
using brave
ledger nano x
metamask

1 Like

Using firefox this time somehow worked for me

1 Like