Unverified token at no fiat value

Has anyone experienced this?
I just swapped ETH to Normie this morning and it didn’t show at first but I was able to find it in a hidden transaction.
Then I manually imported the token into the dashboard so I have the tokens (not 0) but the fiat value is 0. This also contributes 0% to my portfolio.

There is a mark next to the token saying it is an Unverified token as well. I didn’t get my wallet connected to anywhere and directly swapped on MetaMask so I’m a little confused.

Unfortunately all the help support did get disconnected during the conversations, I don’t know why… I’m kind tired of trying to speak again and again after a long wait for each person.

I posted on Reddit first but only received suspicious DMs… I have been trying to find out but still no luck. Anyone could please enlighten me?

hi @wano ,welcome to MetaMask community.
You can check its current price on coingecko.
Make sure the token you purchase is real and not a scam token.

2 Likes

Thank you yes I read this article before but what I’m confused is even if I swapped directly on the list from MetaMask is it possible that it is a scam coin?
Let’s say it’s a legit and I should not worry even if it’s 0 fiat value and will it be fixed when the token gets more trust or something? Understandably it’s fairly a new coin

what I’m confused is even if I swapped directly on the list from MetaMask is it possible that it is a scam coin?

For tokens that are not commonly used, I suggest you first find its contract address, and then paste it directly when searching in MetaMask. This is very safe.

Let’s say it’s a legit and I should not worry even if it’s 0 fiat value and will it be fixed when the token gets more trust or something? Understandably it’s fairly a new coin

I am not sure. Because many new tokens are generated every day, MetaMask may not be able to synchronize their prices in time. As you know it, even if it doesn’t show a price, it doesn’t mean it has no value or is a scam token.

1 Like

I’m quite new to MetaMask so still learning and it was quite helpful. Thank you!

1 Like