Wallet drainer on one MM with multiple account

Hello,

I have a MM wallet with 4 different accounts, one of these accounts is my Burner Wallet, there is nothing on it and I only use it for mint.

I wanted to know if this account was hacked by a wallet drainer for example, would my other accounts risk something?

thank you in advance for your help.

5 Likes

Hello @RenRen1 , welcome to MetaMask community, is your wallet hacked ? Do you use a smartphone or pc ? Your wallet may be exposed to malicious activity. Please explain furthermore your inquiries.

4 Likes

@RenRen1

if you connected the address to the web3 application where the leak occurred, or you gave permission to debit funds in this application - this will not affect your other addresses (because they are not connected to the malicious application)

If you have the opportunity, then create a new address for each mint, it will keep you safe.

6 Likes

Hello, @RenRen1 do not disclose the 12-character Secret Recovery Phrase (SRP) or private key, the wallet is hacked, the authorized address will be at risk,
you can install multiple browsers to separate multiple wallets

6 Likes

MetaMask should start log ip…
Otp 2 factor auth.
And a option to specify cpu hardware id/mac
E.g if a wallet trying to send funds without the hardware id it fails and get reported to the blacklist db that ALL dexes and sites has access to.

whatever to fight the scams.
MetaMask isnt safe anymore.

4 Likes

No regulations no future for defi.
Defi is going to be baned wery soon by the EU

2 Likes

Hi. You can submit an suggestion here

4 Likes

@t0maten

Decentralized finance works like clockwork. Everything is transparent, no deals behind closed doors

4 Likes

Not possible due to the fact that it is DeFi. Fines for violating cryptocurrency storage rules for users already exist in some European Union countries, but this in no way prevents users from continuing to use such amazing technology as blockchain (ofc unless you are dealing with dirty money).

3 Likes

Yea they need more security hands down, and this whole " well I know it happened when you used our easy to penetrate wallet but too bad sorry for your luck maybe you’ll do your research and use a more secure wallet in the future " rap that mm support gives is ridiculous, no wonder crypto terrifies most people.