Wrong transfer of tokens

Please understand:
I sent tokens from the wallet to the exchange, when copying the address on the exchange - the address was copied incorrectly and the tokens did not reach the exchange!!!
Whose wallet address! I do not know! and the exchange does not know!
Can something be done in this situation?
Hash: 0x3ABb79456001Aec90FE55838F517C1B555b6161D

3 Likes

@AlNetskiy sorry guy :sneezing_face: but it’s gone… and it looks like the eth address belongs to a hacker.
I recommend scanning the PC with an antivirus program. You probably have a clipboard virus.

5 Likes

Thanks for your reply and your recommendations.

3 Likes

As Bobby says, this is most likely a clipboard virus that change the address you just have copied and then paste the hackers address. Always check the address you paste, to see if it is still the same as the one you copied and you should check your computer with some anti-virus tool.

Here you can read about clipboard hacking

8 Likes

Recently, many users have encountered such scams. It may be because the Binance APP installed by users is not a safe channel, and the user’s withdrawal address has been tampered with.

5 Likes

Hello @AlNetskiy, welcome to MetaMask community!

As it’s been already suggested above, this looks like a clipboard malware. If that was the only problematic/wrong transaction that took place, make sure your pc is clean before using it again for such cases, or any cases at all. Do a full scrub of it and keep it clean.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.