About 60.000 USD worth of tokens stuck in liquidity pools due to MetaMask glitch

On the morning of 30 April I was browsing the internet when I inadvertently deleted my MetaMask extension from the Firefox browser menu. Later that day, I tried to get back on my MetaMask account, just to find out I had to reinstall it. After putting in my 12 seed phrase, I realized that the Account Address was no longer the same, and so my tokens didn’t show up any longer. I immediately sent an email to the technical support and received an automated reply that said the team will contact me in at most 7 days, due to high number of enquiries. To make sure, I left two subsequent requests the next day and two days after. Today it is 10 May and I’m still to hear back from them. In the meantime, I tried a million things. I also went on the MetaMask community site and found out I wasn’t the only one in this position. What’s worse, I have about 60.000 USD worth of tokens placed in several liquidity pools and can’t access them any longer. Imagine if I accrued impermanent loss on any of these pools, without being able to do anything about it… Thank goodness I have other means of subsistence while waiting for some kind of conclusion to this, but what if I didn’t ?? Some of these posts date back to 2019. How is it possible to still have this issue 2 years later with a platform that deems itself to be the best hot wallet out there ? Attached you will find print screens to prove of all the above.
As a business owner, I’ve been dealing for years with other platforms such as PayPal, Transferwise or Revolut and MetaMask could learn a thing or two from them.

Hey man, i have the same issue, i did a password reset with my seed phrase and now i cannot access my tokens, i have open tickets but nothing is being done by meta mask, please keep me updated with any progress you make! hopefully you recover your tokens fast.

Same issue…the Account Address was no longer the same after recovery with seed…

Sure thing. At least I figured to what it is due. When you open it in different browsers, it would open with different account addresses. Hence it’s important to write down your private key. That would help you recover your address at any time.

Hi Cris,
Sadly I ran into the exact same problem.
Haven’t managed to fix it yet: I haven’t got private key or JSON for the individual wallets.
Lost access to LP’s…
Did you find a solution in the end?
Best,

Did anyone get this issue resolved I’m having the same problem have been given a different wallet address

Hi everyone,

No, I have a recovery company working on it at the moment. Will update with the outcome. Thanks.

Hey have you reached any resolution with this? Has the recovery company been able to help? I’ve lost a large sum to this metamask bug and am still trying to figure out how to recover. Generating new account numbers has not been able to produce a wallet that has the address I’m looking for.

Hi, I’m having the same issue, so same question here!