Account selector: Same account appears twice

Browser: Chrome

Hi,

I’m seeing an account show up twice in the selector drop-down. It’s a nuisance issue (not a functional issue).
In fact, when I select one, they both show up as selected.
Some additional background that may or may not be relevant. The redundant “Account 2” first appeared when I attempted to Create another Account while Account 2 was active. Upon Completion of the request, no additional wallet was created, but Account 2 now shows up twice.
(subsequent attempt to create account successfully created a new wallet, but still shows two “Account 2’s” in the dropdown).

I saw that there was another person in the community who had this problem but it is not known if the problem was solved. I’d rather not have to do the manipulation of having to uninstall and reinstall everything. I will do this though if this problem could cause bigger problems even if I don’t see how.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers, I look forward to seeing you.

Greetings

1 Like

Hey @Sheevran, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

I know you said you would rather not uninstall and reinstall, but you can also try resetting your wallet.

Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

1 Like

Chatting with the engineers, this is something we’ve seen reports of, but have had difficulty replicating the issue for more extensive testing.

Was account #2 (the one thats replicating) imported or created from within metamask?

If you don’t mind sending your state logs, that may help them pin down why this is occurring.
I would just copy/paste your title as the subject, and include your post in the body.
support@metamask.io

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.