Restored Account and Mysterious Account 2 Appeared

Hi Everyone, I have tried restoring Metamask on Chrome as I have been using Brave but it doesn’t always work as well as I wanted to. After restoring on chrome extension, now there’s account 2 with no history at all! I haven’t created that account and it’s neither present in phone app and brave browser! is this hack? I have seen similar thing on reddit from a year ago and it’s archived - only says email support!

Each MetaMask wallet is device specific meaning that your password, transaction history, and wallet settings are unique to each device (and instance) to which you have imported your wallet. Any settings, custom tokens, RPC networks, imported private keys, etc that were previously associated with your wallet, will need to be added upon restoring your wallet.

Additionally, when a wallet is restored, a new account/address is automatically generated and your transaction history will not repopulate.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi, I have figured that out - but It’s very odd to find account number appearing out of nowhere! Sadly you haven’t said why that’s the case. I have deleted and restored again and it’s now disappeared! I don’t know if this is just bug or I’m being hacked! I’m kind terrified with Metamask given I have already being scammed and closed one account!

As I mentioned in my last reply, when a wallet is restored, a new account/address is automatically generated and your transaction history will not repopulate. No cause for alarm :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s not what I’m asking at all. You missing the whole point! I only have one account after restoring, there’s my account - account 1 and mysterious account 2 as well! I hope it’s nothing to worry about and just a bug as I have transfered some eth now.