Accounts disappeared

I was logged out, when i login again with my seed phrase my accounts disappeared except my first account, i had six accounts linked to one seed phrase and now only one , how can i get them back

1 Like

Hello there, did you fix it? I have the same problem today

Under normal circumstances, we need to save the seed phrase and secret key at the same time, because one seed phrase can have multiple addresses at the same time, and the secret key is unique. The following is the thread of partner communication about similar problems. You can check carefully to see if it is helpful to you.

ok but I didn’t save the secret key…
anyway… thx

You can try to create hundreds of addresses in your account with the same seed phrase to see if the address you lost before will appear. Although there is little hope, you can try. As for other methods, most of them are about finding local record files through technology. There are records in the above thread, but the opportunity is also very small.

Hi. If you are using Windows you can try this guide

(https://github.com/MetaMask/metamask-extension/issues/3127#issuecomment-1072775852)

If Mac OS time machine could help, too.

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I didn’t do any save with timemachine…

1 Like

Oh, sorry. Indeed, you have mentioned it in another topic. Well, you can read my answer there. :crossed_fingers: Wallet address missing after restore - #40 by MomOfTwins

Hi @syriaaxie

Welcome to the MetaMask community!

Confirming you’ve followed these steps to restore the next 6 accounts in your wallet to see if that solves it? You also will have to re-add any custom tokens. You can check the addresses loading with a blockchain explorer (or something like blockscan.com ) to see if the wallets being added have your tokens in it.

3 Likes

Hello Kbee,
check that!
I change my device (macbook) without doing any timemachine!
I don’t save the private key of the account missing (I didn’t know there was one)
I never change my SRP (I created my account last december and keep my SRP safe)

When I installed Metamask on my new device (with Google as I’ve done few monts ago) my account missed! I tried EVERYTHING to get my account back but nothing worked. I discuss with Metamask support but they explain me that there is no solution… Obviously, I can see my account on Etherscan (there’s 0.5 ETH + 3000 HEX on it) but I can’t get my money back… It’s floating on the web3 river… crazy, isn’t it?
If someone has a solution, please, welcome!

Hi @olivattal ,

You shouldn’t need your private key, just your Secret Recovery Phrase (usually 12 or 24 words). You would only need your private key if you imported an account from a different wallet, did you do this ever?

Did you try following everything in this article after inputting your Secret Recovery Phrase?

1 Like

Ah ok that’s why I didn’t know about private key, I never imported any account.
Yes, as I tried EVERYTHING SINGLE SOLUTION for 2 weeks now!
I think it’s a bug. It’s not a big account unless one day HEX becomes the new ETH :slight_smile: but anyway, there is no solution… it’s blocked on the blockchain, right?

Here’s the thing, it shouldn’t be a bug. Is there any chance you had two different wallets (two totally different secret recovery phrases?)?

This is an old article but a good reference: Restored Metamask No coins are showing - #107 by jacobc.eth

Hoping we can solve this for you!

1 Like

Ok I’m gonna read it and tell you but you know I’ve never had another SRP. So, I’m afraid there’s no solution. Thx anyway

Hi @MomOfTwins I have also run into the same issue and think I may have lost my account forever. I accidentally disconnected my chrome meta mask wallet and when I used the seed phrase I hand-wrote when I set it up it took me to a different wallet… I’ve followed all of your steps and have had no luck. Is there any other way with Recuva to find any old vault files, the only one that I succeeded to decrypt was the seed phrase I already have… When you finally decrypted yours was it the same words in your original phrase but written in a different order? Thinking maybe I code a bot to try every combination possible of the phrase I have written down :frowning: Would appreciate any help, many thanks in advance and for all your work put into helping others!

Show less

@goose, it could be that the wallet address you are looking for is a secondary account, or you are inputting the words you have written in the wrong order.

Here is an article on our Knowledge Base that may hopefully help you:

2 Likes

Hi @goose. Sorry to hear you are in trouble.

To answer your question, in my case the seed phrase which my Account with funds really belongs to was completely different, not just words in a different order.

If I get you right, you followed the steps from this link :point_down:, correct ?
(https://github.com/MetaMask/metamask-extension/issues/3127#issuecomment-1072775852)
And Recuva found only one file with vault data, correct again?
In my case, there was about one hundred files. :thinking: Some questions:

• Did Recuva scan the whole C:\ drive?
  • Were all the boxes selected, like in Step 3: :arrow_right: Options :arrow_right: Actions Tab :arrow_right: Choose all cases/boxes :heavy_check_mark:
  • Is the device you analysed with Recuva the same device that you used to create your MetaMask wallet? It’s a very important point.
  • Which browser did you use for your MetaMask wallet? (Chrome, Edge… ?) Which one did you use when creating the wallet?
  • Did you use a google account (gmail) on your browser?
  • Have you ever used this wallet on another device? (Phone, another desktop/laptop, tablet…)
  • Have you ever created any other MetaMask wallet (with a different seed phrase, even for testing/fun)?
  • Do you recall if the seed phrase popped-up twice during the creation of your wallet? If so, was the second pop-up on a black screen?

There are a lot of questions in my message, I know, and you must be exhausted trying to find the solution, but the answers would help me undestand better what can be done now.

Just for information, there is part in my message (from the above link) that says “I had never seen/used this seed phrase before” while talking about “right seed phrase” (with funds). Actually, it is not totally correct (I remebered it later, since I was in a stressful situation). It was a seed phrase I created while I was not even sure I would use any crypto. I just followed a YouTube tutorial to see if it was difficult to create/use MetaMask just for fun. Of course I never wrote down/saved this seed phrase. It was on Edge browser using my Chrome account (gmail), and for some reason, MetaMask created an nkbi… folder instead of ejbal... supposed to be used with Edge. Later, when I made a decision about trading crypto, I used Chrome browser to create a “real” MetaMask wallet. And you know the end of my story, after reinstalling MetaMask it was an empty account.

3 Likes

Hi. I reinstalled my windows and then installed MetaMask used seed phrase to recover account but I the recovered account address looks different that the one I had. I was able to get the address from Binance exchange since I did some exchange from binance to MetaMask and confirm I have my transactions, date, coin from BSCscan, Ethscan. So, I have my meta mask address. But How can I add it? When I go to import account it asks for private key. I do not have it but I have the wallet address.

Hi @Minhax, welcome to the MetaMask community,

The following article is related to your inquiry. Follow the steps given in the article carefully, and please let us know in case you need further assistance.

2 Likes