After restore wallet I miss some accounts

good evening community,

my name is Chris and I created a MetaMask wallet around 4 years ago, back then I got a 24 words private key.

Yesterday I had to reset my laptop and for that the MetaMask restore was needed, almost everything worked fine with my private key and my account is working.

But I now miss some coins the value is low but still missing also I miss two other accounts I created there. I was reading that I can add them with using my secret recovery phrase BUT it didnt work.

I asked the support and they told me that I have to use a 12 word phrase but I do have a 24 word phrase, she couldnt handle with that.

So my question is now, what am I doing wrong, because I couldnt resore my missing accounts yet.

Thnak you for helping me in advance.

Kind regards

Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris :slightly_smiling_face: MetaMask wallet classically generates 12 words

But when you have 24 words :point_down: you can choose the 24 word option during installation

4 Likes

Hello Luigi, thank your for the reply…

yes, I found that option and therefore I could restore my wallet, but I still have the problem that I missing some accounts in my wallet I had a few.

And I tried to restore them either with that 24 word phrase but it didnt work yet.

1 Like

Hi @ISO1407 Chris :smiley: when you access your wallet using your seed phrase (12 words) it’s common that you just get account 1 by default, or just get the accounts with funds, so in this case what you need to do is create new accounts, if they were not imported accounts they should appear in the same order they were previously created :slight_smile:

If after creating the accounts you don’t get the missing account you can also try the steps here to confirm if your missing accounts belong to the seed phrase (12 words) you are using.
Please let us know if your issue gets solved through these steps :orange_heart:

4 Likes

I have a 24world ghrase

Hi @Khalilheyrani, are you encountering issues while trying to restore your wallet? If yes could you please elaborate more on the issue like the initial post creator did? Thanks :coffee:

2 Likes

Also, please stop flagging posts, you are spamming admins with them for no good reason. Avoid doing that.

3 Likes

Hello and thank you for your extend reply!

Im using a 24 word phrase not 12 words so I tried it again with that 24 words to get back the other accounts. But again I got the message phrase is invalid.

Hi @ISO1407,
From what I see you’re trying to import an account using a private key in the screenshot, to restore a wallet from a Secret Recovery Phrase please follow this guide step by step: How to restore your MetaMask wallet from Secret Recovery Phrase | MetaMask Help Center 🦊♥️

2 Likes