Binance eth to metamask wrong network

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me I’m really new and followed someone and bought some etheream on binance,

I then tried to transfer it over to metamask… However I made a mistake which I’m realising many people have made. I transfer it not using the right network after waiting hours I’ve realised it’s not going to show up in my metamask account…

Can someone walk me through how to get it back? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Hi @Misterrandom123 you used BEP20 (Binance Smart Chain network)? read this post :point_down:

1 Like

Thank you Luigi. What would I do then? Sorry for being a pain.

When you add Binance Smart Chain and Binance Peg-Ethereum Token :smiley:
You need some BNB :slightly_smiling_face: because the BNB is gas in Binance Smart Chain network.

So the ethereal I sent… Would that show up automatically? I sent it from binance to metamask but used the wrong network.

I think this is way above my head

Thanks for all your help so far

Not automatically :upside_down_face: you must add BSC + Binance-Peg Ethereum Token

Click :point_right: :gear: Settings - Networks - Add Network

Network Name: Smart Chain

New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/

ChainID: 56

Symbol: BNB

Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com

Click SAVE

Next step :point_down:

Click :point_right: Add token - select Custom Token and add Token Contract Address:
0x2170ed0880ac9a755fd29b2688956bd959f933f8

and then you will see :smiley: your Binance-Peg Ethereum Token

2 Likes

What would I need to put in the decimal of precision? And token symbol

Token symbol: ETH and Decimals: 18

Luigi!!! I love you! Now it’s a matter of sending it back to binance and resending it back using the right network!

1 Like

Now you need send some BNB on your MetaMask :fox_face: ETH address.
Again you have to use BEP20 to withdraw BNB.

I can see the etheream I have now… if I click send and add my binance address would that not just work?

How would I buy bnb for gas

cannot swap these ethereum token for erc20 etherum within metamask?

Sorry again i know i pestering you

NO :slightly_smiling_face: buy BNB at Binance site… 0.02 BNB is cca 8$ now :smiley:

bought that - where do i go now?

I hope your dont mind walking me through this?

Thanks again

Now copy your MetaMask :fox_face: ETH address and withdraw your BNB tokens with using BEP20

i get my MM address by going to MM and clicking on ethereum mainet and copying my address?

I will not lose these like before as i sent it to bep20 previously?

1 Like

YES :smiley: your Ethereum Mainnet address is same as Binance Smart Chain address.

NO :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: you added Binance Smart Chain network and now you see all BEP20 transactions…

2 Likes

brilliant - i have done that and now im waiting for the amount to show in my metamask account.

Whats the easiest way to get these converted into erc20?

send back to binance and then transfer again or can i do it within metamask.

Thanks

Exist Binance Bridge page :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but you better use your Binance account. It’s more reliable…