Cannot Restore Wallet (12 Word is Correct)

I’m restoring onto a new computer from 12 word memonic, but when I do it just creates a new wallet with a new address.

Viewed the 12 words on the old computer’s MM and they match the words on the New Computers Wallet perfectly.

How is this even possible?

(From Windows/Chrome to Mac/Chrome)

I writing here since I had similar experience

about 2years ago i set up MetaMask wallet:
generate the seed,
write it on a paper
and create wallet with 1 address.

I did use since then. I’ve change my pc and a week ago I tried restore from the same paper sheet (I only had one seed, one paper sheet etc. so could not be the wrong backup)
I’ve restored the a wallet so the seed should be valid and the word order is not mistaken, but the address it not the same.

I’ve generated more wallet, tied different wallet but different derivation paths, but the address is different.

Any idea what could got wrong back than ? Thanks

Please reach out to MetaMask Support.

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

1 Like

Hi @nighteagle and you don’t have access to your old PC anymore? Or old hardisc?

I’ve formatted the pc and gave to my child… So I guess extracting data would not be possible any more

Yes @nighteagle it probably wouldn’t be possible after all this time
and you have those words also numbered 1,2,3… 12?

2 Likes

I’ve got the word written down in 2 columns, and metamaks shows them in lines,
However I’ve tried changing the order and get invalid seed message… obviaslly there same words in different order don’t work