Coins vanishing after swap

Hello Friends,

I hope you are all doing great in this time of the year.

I am still a crypto newbie, however, I think I have stumbled into a rare bug (or something weird) that happened.

Yesterday, I bought some coins from a project in Binance smart chain. After receiving the coins and watching the value (in USD) grow for a couple of minutes, they vanished without a trace.

These coins were not sold, transferred or anything. They simply vanished.

This is the bsc scan of the transaction : bscscan. com/tx/0x088154fb9edc53824e0c6d11759a558b2473ccebe5d6826743d685bf2332f8cd

You can also see bscscan. com/token/0x694a88d9efd2f984193b30640089257f1a37df73?a=0x2ef3aee8420c03e90c3edc331001872e75b57cfa that the coins came in the wallet, never left, and just vanished even from the balance.

Thinking it was a fake coin or a scam, I bought a small amount again and sold it to test and everything went without an issue.

I bought again some coins after selling this test order just to ride the coin while I look for a solution to what happened to my initial investment.

If anyone can help me understand what happened, where did the coins go or even help me recover them, I would be extremely grateful :heartpulse:

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey @Spaceswim, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Hope you are also doing well! :slight_smile:

First and foremost, please make sure you are interacting with a legitimate token. It looks like the tokens are still in your wallet, according to bscscan. The amount of tokens may be changing because it may be a rebase token, meaning the supply changes periodically.

Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

1 Like

Hi @nakedwinnie , Thank you for the warm welcoming and the help.

Unfortunately, the coins you see in my wallet are the ones I bought after the fact :frowning:

I am looking for the first batch of coins that I bought that are not there anymore

I don’t think it’s a rebase token as the amount hasn’t changed since I bought it.

The only clue I have is that yesterday, Metamask was having a hard time connecting to the Binance Smart Chain network and I had to get a VPN to solve the issue.

Hmm, yea that’s very weird. Thanks for sending the screenshot. Try importing the token again with the contract address. Here are also some steps on our Knowledge Base that may help, same steps apply for BSC:

Thank you for your suggestions, however, unfortunately, it did not help because even at the BSC scan level, they’re not there.

I am really sad about this because I needed them and it’s currently nearing 200$ which is almost the monthly minimum wage here where I live.

Thank you nonetheless :pray:

Sorry to hear the problem still continues :frowning:

If you would like, you can submit a ticket to our support team here:

https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a Conversation