Login error, No recovery phrase

Hello! I never saw my secret recovery phrase because I think I might have skipped over it when I started my Metamask account. I only use Metamask on my IPhone and a few days ago I got the error that my Metamask encountered an error due to reaching a storage limit. I did not delete my wallet and I didn’t reset it. I have followed the steps for getting my vault data. Backed up my iPhone to my Mac. Used iMazing to read the persist-root file. When I get to the part where you need to copy and paste the “KeyringController” I just see the same thing that I copied. I copied the whole object from / to } and when I paste it into Texteditor or Sublime Text it just shows the same thing. No cipher at all. I have lost so much sleep over this and feeling horrible because of this. I was foolish to not lookup my secret recovery phrase. Please any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Hey @Roor, after you copy and paste the JSON object from the KeyringController, did you delete all the /// and white spaces?

Here is more information on our Knowledge Base of what it should look like:

1 Like

Hello @nakedwinnie i am trying to understand this iPhone storage limit problem.

But his file looks like this :see_no_evil: no word: cipher or salt…

Are these data deleted?

I also found some solution on github page :smile: but I don’t know if it works.

1 Like

Is it from persist root file?

Apps->MetaMask->Documents->persistStore->persist-root

1 Like

YES :slightly_smiling_face: complicated problem :smile: I’m looking for a solution all day hehe

1 Like

Not sure why it’s not showing :frowning:

@Roor, you can also submit a ticket to our support team if you would like:

https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 Likes

@nakedwinnie I don’t know :thinking: this is a strange error.

Thank you for your fast response :slightly_smiling_face: @Roor already sent a message to MetaMask support.

1 Like

Yes I already sent in a few tickets. Waiting for a reply from Metamask. Thank you @nakedwinnie, @Luigi .

2 Likes

@nakedwinnie is there any way you can inform the team of my situation? I have one ticket was responded with an automatic reply that doesn’t address my problem and my other ticket hasn’t received a response in 4 days.

Sorry for the wait, the support team will be with you as soon as they can. Please keep in mind the number of tickets the support team receives on a daily basis, the average time for a response is about 7 days.

Thank you for your patience! :slight_smile:

@nakedwinnie I already know where is problem :slightly_smiling_face:

This error :point_up_2: deleted the vault data.

2 Likes

Ah, I see, bad news but thank you for sharing!

1 Like

I know, there is a very little chance, but maybe you have some old (before the date the login error happened) iCloud backup like in the screenshot below? Or in the ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup on your MAC ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.