Lost ETH from MetaMask

You know you can use a hardware wallet with Metamask, usually from what we have seen it is not Metamask who is at fault for the hacks but problems with security on the PC / Phone side of the person using it. I use Metamask with my hardware wallet as a way to add security, since my private key is not on my PC in any way or form. Remember that your wallet is in the blockchain and Metamask is only a way to access it. If Metamask does not hold the private key and does not have access to make transactions without the hardware wallet connected and physically accepting the transactions on the hardware wallet, they cannot steal your funds.

Metamask extension shows no outgoing transactions
But etherscan shows one
How can it be possible to authorise a withdraw without metamask approbation ?

I sure will use the physical wallet when I’ll receive it but without metamask for sure, I don’t thrust it anymore.

I think they got your private key somehow, so they probably used another program to access your wallet and steal your tokens, that’s why metamask doesn’t show transactions, they where done somewhere else.

But I completely understand not wanting to use Metamask anymore.

Just remember to write down your 24 word recovery from the hardware wallet on a piece of paper, don’t keep it in any PC/Phone, it’s the only way to keep it safe from hacks.

Hi everyone,

I was hacked from a Zapper phishing scam to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars. I am pursuing this very vigorously. I don’t exactly care about the money - I will spend more of that to get the hacker prosecuted.

Is anyone interested in joining me with the assistance of a private investigator?

1 Like

I was hacked, too.
0x37043056507407f1fAf5d18c6d13Ea3D8EaE5B87

Literally after 10 minutes after I replenished the balance. I was very disappointed. Security 0. Can I change the secret phrase? I have everything tied to rarible =(
This wallet stole $ 25 from me

0x91F64cAA164911bC87A0e3380c1d1Fe9F5a60bB2

We do take security very seriously, and for everyone who’s been a victim of a hack, please open a support ticket here with the necessary info Submit a request – MetaMask.
Be aware of scammers and not share your seed phrase-secret recovery phrase.
We also don’t recommend sharing any account or transaction info where it can tie to your identity.