Lost seed phrase, trying to use vault/decrypted browser method, found log files but cannot find 'vault' in 000008.ldb to get data i need o find recovery phrase

Just checked through the data again for my eth address and its not in there so im guessing ive got the wrong file :expressionless::no_mouth:

@krustydj , try to decrypt it all the same, I had some log files with no eth address but with right vault data (in my case)

Im such an idiot it isnt the file i was looking for it was a test we did o chrome to see how easy it should be to find the keywords, all the ones where it should be is corrput or encrypted still :no_mouth:

@krustydj , So no recovered files with DisckDrill? Right?
Well, you can try http:// docfetcher. sourceforge. net/fr/index.html to search for \"salt string all over your hard drive.

Please make sure you are trying to get the correct Secret Recovery Phrase for the correct wallet address you are trying to access.

Yeah ive realised is is the wrong data, its from chrome not metamask!:expressionless: really thought id found it, the data from brave is either corrupt or encrypted and ive got no idea how to solve it :sleepy::-1:

I tried this but nothing if significance come up, im really lost now

Hi chris, thanks for reply. I have located that folder and found the correct files where the data should be. The ldb files and the log files are there but when opening them it seems like the data is corrupt and or encrypted. I sent them off to someone else on here (data analyst) and he also had problems finding the correct data due to what seems like corruption ive tried nearly everything so have no idea how to continue to save my meta mask

1 Like

Would be great if you could, tried near everything! Also im on mac idk if that will make any difference, do u want me to send the lbd and log? I and a friend believes that brave has corrupted the ldb file is there anyway of resolving this

Will be happy to send some monwy if we can resolve this problem chris, thanks

My data look very simular to this any ideas? @ChrisDC @MomOfTwins @nakedwinnie

Hi @krustydj If these files contain no vault data unfortunately they cannot help to recover your seed phrase. :slightly_frowning_face:

I see only one thing that you could do, is to find the files that contain the vault data, existing and deleted.

Make the search all over your hard drive via terminal like explained in this screenshot. :point_down: Replace bitbook by \"salt The search can take several hours. Better leave it the whole night. It will show you all files containing vault data, existing and deleted (if they were not overwritten)

1 Like

Caso complicado, me dedico desde hace años a la recuperación de casos similares al tuyo y cuando el fichero está corrupto es muy complicado restaurarlo. Hay muchas herramientas en el mercado de recuperación de datos gratuitas pero no te servirá ninguna, como no uses una de pago como Mobiledit será dificil recuperar datos correctos.

hola, está 100% dañado y no tengo posibilidad de recuperarlo, perdí mucho dinero y muchos nfts :frowning:

1 Like

Your hard disc are ok? Try first chkdsk in cmd to see if any sector are bad.

I believe its fine, but did have to have a replaced about a year ago, its 100% the browser that has messed up my lpd & log files, i created a new account just to test it on chrome and the data was there (obviously not the data i needed but the test data)

1 Like

Then the only solution is a good recovering password software. Mobiledit is a good option but it is expensive. Contact with a forensic computer expert and perhaps paying less get your information.

@ChrisDC chris youre a forensic computer expert arent you? Would love some help as it seems its my last and only hope now. Thanks

do u know any forensic computer experts, im really lost now! & have no idea how to resolve my problem

1 Like

Hi @krustydj . I know you are feeling lost in this situation. But have you tried the Terminal like I suggested earlier ?
df
It will give you the name of you drive.
sudo strings your drive name -n 11 | grep -C100 "\"salt"

2 Likes