Lost seedphrase and formatted PC

I lost my seedphrase that I stored in a physical note. Unfortunately Metamask was installed in a PC that was formatted overwriting Windows with Ubuntu.
Since I just formatted it few days ago, and used the PC just few times I want to try to restore lost Windows data.
Which is they best way to do it?
Thank you!

Solved thanks. Luckily I found the note.

4 Likes

Really glad to hear you found your SRP. Because of the way Linux writes its file system, they might not have been recoverable from the drive itself. (EXT3/4 over a FAT32 or NTFS drive is often a nightmare for data recovery)

This is the method I use to make a physical backup of my SRP. Keep it safe. I split the list into pieces and store them in separate physical locations. First rule of data: 1-2-3. More than 1 backup, in at least 2 physical locations, on three types of media (i use HW wallet, Washer backup, and laser printed paper in my safe deposit box)

I dont have a 3D printer, so I didnt make the little jig. But backing up on washers is cheap.

Hardware wallets are also a great additional layers of security (and they hold your SRP in another spot for you securely)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.