Metamask extension accounts HACKED w/o keys?

I should clarify. I’ve had the wallet for over a year now, with small amounts of random coins there but never a large amount. I just moved the stolen funds into the wallet 2 days ago and they were taken yesterday.

My guess is your wallet is compromised even before. The hacker is just waiting for you to deposit more tokens

Thanks Justin,
On what platform did the guy send you the 2$? MetaMask?

Same Problem here but the Metamask .com website wanted my Private Key for wallet import. All the Income from Polygon Metric and Guarda are gone within 10 mins… >600$ gone.
But new export Adress: 0xDCF308c65725BF9Fec9f6e199FDA56a5875E0aCA

Hey guys for me had a different experience, my BUSD were transferred but the transaction was initiated by a different address. Should this even be possible?

same here bro I lost all my ethereum, all my programs are clean, I never download malware before, I just open metamask extension from mozilla, and puff my ethereum disapear, I am really sad, no one responds 4 this shit, this wallet and their programmers are stolen my funds

that’s bs, KMS isn’t the problem here, the problem is in this fucking wallet, one or more programmers of this shit are hackers, and they are stolen the funds of people

0xfC56c45116226Cd41C4Bce8A553ffDD3C5276A44
@Metamask this one too, can you block this account? all my BNB was transferred to that account.

i dont think they’ll do that

How does this not lead to a class action law suit, all of us having the exact same thing happening to us and the only common denominator is MM, the hack has to be in their platform itself. Surely it would be easier to hack the platform then to hack all of our accounts individually… wouldn’t it. And I’m dumbfounded by how many people that this is happening to and then just accepting it as one of the potential risks, and not demand anything of MM to correct it, there are crypto forensic investigators, and certification measures that can be taken that prevent this shit from happening. This shit is preventable, and this is a security issue MM needs to address cause it is clearly a known issue.

i think most people do not know that. and i admit i also dont know that. so should we start?

Hello there, I also lost all my funds while trying to use Metamask - or something with this name.
I lost some around 4600 USD from my wallet 0x1df76f825a4783cd247098ade815e27e32d5d824

And here is address of criminal: 0xdcf308c65725bf9fec9f6e199fda56a5875e0aca

I know this is my mistake but I am also sure that something goes wrong with Ethereum infrastructure if money might be stolen from end-users so easily.

And, c’mon guys but a wallet as a browser extension doesn’t make any sense. It’s sad that I understood it too late for me.

Same here but we where robbed from the same Adress…
can we legally do anything at all?

Good question. I wrote a claim in reclaimcrypto like the guys above suggested but no idea what I can do next. Unfortunately, I think there is not much what we can do in that kind of situation :frowning:

Here is a great conspiracy theory for you all. We all know that the Powers that be are very threatened by cryptocurrency, defi. How do you destroy a network or incapacitate it?
You steal the liquidity from it. Big money is employing the very best minds to remove assets and lock it up in these wallets for ever. Cryptocurrency and decentralization has taken billions of dollars from the traditional finance world. Do you think they will just roll over?

My metamask account just got hacked.
Never send the seed phrase to anyone.

Total stolen fund for me is 4700 USD. My fund was cleared out from pancake and apeswap farms by hacker.
Happened 9 hours and 24 minutes ago.

Hacker’s address is: 0x5fc6aa2c9221465a9c419432356ed74a730d90a7

From hacker’s transaction in bscscan shows that another 2 victims were having their funds cleared out too.
0x4c27508f0a35220c87abf3b5f255259ce82408ba → lost 72 BNB (35k USD) and
0x313ae7b968371b72ba1144e1ee499a96138708b2 → lost 4 BNB (1.96k USD)

I cannot understand why this kind of things can happened to Metamask users. Seems to be happened a lot to other users too based on the conversation in this thread.
Anything that Metamask can do to support us at all?

Why would you send your seed phrase? Is that what you did?
Were you using a Ledger to sign transactions?
Leave a message on their wallet address page… in comments. Let fly man!
Make sure that they know you are aware of what has happened.

I Lost over 6500 euro from my 7 wallet, saved on metamask 30 Ago2021 - i think we have a big problem, at same time hacker login in my binance account with this ip 93.48.254.141 (where i have 2 factor authentication with sms and google authenticator, and he login in), luckily I had the tokens stacked and couldn’t move them, but he login again after i change password, i formatted the pc. While I was busy preventing my ethereums from being stolen from Binance and Coinbase, they moved my money to MetaMask

Basically somehow my chrome passwords and metamask private keys have been stolen. They also stole those from ronin wallet (where I suffered a loss of 800 euros)

Metamask, chrome’s password database, is not as secure as it sounds, and even two-factor authentication can somehow be bypassed. This created a strong trauma for me. I used that pc purely for crypto, I also had antivirus and antimalware but nothing turned out in the scans.

This is 1 of my wallet
0xded6e22efa6435e851587880c9b26ac4a683ebf2

All my Token and Ethereum sended to one address 0x628d2f0406411dd0b98146a9db98e1c5f4b87755

the hacker’s address is continuing to swell with various ethereum
0x628d2f0406411dd0b98146a9db98e1c5f4b87755

Just got hacked, lost 2 Valueable NFTS and also over 3k in cash.

The problem is copycat websites. BEWARE of metamask .com or anything else that might resemble metamask. I slipped for a couple minutes without doublechecking and ended up giving away my seed phrase. Metamask should really do a better job protecting its customer base because this becoming a common issue.

1 Like

Someone is mirroring your PC. Must have. Unless they have your phone with 2FA app to get into Binance. Or you didn’t log out of Binance whilst they were mirroring.
Always log out platforms. Bookmark legitimate websites.