Metamask extension accounts HACKED w/o keys?

My funds got cleaned out as well, if there’s a method to find out more information id like to get in touch with you MikeM.

same thing has just happened to about 1000 dollars of ETH from metamask… My scenario is strange though as my funds are sitting in the key with only my funds going in and no more transactions… it’s like it’s a new account. I dont think it’s compromised or hacked because the funds are still there after 3 hours no one has siphoned them out. public key 0xBB3721de057C1A869c1cd7F7A13Fcccb7EAB8E07
would love to know how the hell my money was just transferred out without confirmation…

Are we talking about imported wallets to metamask getting siphoned?

I just noticed today that a wallet I imported to metamask got siphoned 2 days ago :frowning:
Not sure where I got compromised… some torrent I downloaded long ago? some harddrive or usb? nothing shows up on my window’s defender scan besides kmspico and nicehash stuff…

what should I do to better protect myself? Im not too sure about hardware wallet. i’ve heard of those having firmware being tampered with by resellers/staff/anyone who may have intercept the package…

How do I get my funds back? I’ve opened a case with reclaimcrypto and I’ve left a message on ethscan… any other suggestions?

I transferred ETH to my Metamask from an exchange and my Ledger to buy an NFT that insisted on a hot wallet. The transaction appeared on Etherscan but the funds needed appeared in my wallet. There was a transaction out of my address for a tenth of the amount on Etherscan one minute later. But they somehow took the remainder in gas from the same transaction. This happened in 2 separate Metamask accounts.

Tracking this guy’s wallet they seem to have done and be doing the same thing but only a couple of times every few days.

Anybody seem a hack like this before?

More importantly, Metamask just isn’t fit for purpose. Significantly better options with more effective security need to be found. How an application this insecure has so much traction is beyond me. All these protocols need to become more open to using alternative and more secure hot wallets.

Mine was hacked too. Lost about $42K USD. I never shared my secret phrase or password with anyone.

I can see the destination wallet. No idea who it is.

I can only think of two possible clues:

1. Two days ago when I had my browser open I tried to launch Metamask. The popup box was totally blank. Nothing. I turned the extension off and back on. It worked but now MM needed my secret phrase, so I entered it and was given access again. Could the MM extension have been hacked?

2. Immediately before the hack I had visited apy.vision and left the window open. Is it possible that apy.vision has some sort of hack?

All, please reach out to Metamask support using the link in your app. Our support team will help you investigate and do anything we can to help you recover funds when possible. Additionally, it is critical especially for large losses to contact law enforcement.

Public forums are not appropriate for investigate fund loss issues. They’re filled with false conspiracy theories, malicious bad actors, and other forms of misinformation.

That’s the solution in theory. I’ve been waiting to hear from them for 4 weeks despite multiple attempts to bump up my request.

I’m sure others have been waiting even longer.

1 Like