MobyMask looks awesome? any way to participate as a reporter?

Hey all! Thanks for your interest in MobyMask, I’m super happy that you’ve found us here!

1. The system is very new/experimental right now, so today the MetaMask group is the only one, but the code is open source, and anyone could create a new one. I can’t recommend how to find new ones. There are also some changes we could make that are friendlier to being a member of multiple overlapping groups.
  2. Since this is a web of trust, any member is a potential way to gain membership. I don’t really have time to evaluate new people as members, but the Friends of Pooly organization has opened an application process to gain invitations from them.

Currently MobyMask is very much under community development. Laconic is working on making it so you a MobyMask watcher can run in-browser, and so that reports don’t need to be submitted to the blockchain (reduced tx cost). LxDAO is also currently doing a research sprint and looking at contributing to the outstanding product needs.

We still have a ways to go before MobyMask is keeping users safe:

• Applications (like extensions) that help warn users when they encounter flagged entities.
  • More types of entity reports added to the app.
  • Better infrastructure for reviewing conflicting reports and revoking delegations in the case of disputes.

Those are all ways that I think we would welcome community contribution, so if any of those are ways you’re interested in contributing, head over to the MobyMask repository, fork it, and add one of those features!

For people who want to contribute by reporting, I recommend applying to DeFi Defenders for your membership.

10 Likes