My accounts just don't load

Hi there. I was using MM a few hours ago and everything was working fine.

An hour ago I tried using the app, and entered my password but my accounts don’t show up at all. It just keeps loading and nothing happens. When I go to the settings and select general, I get the following error: “Your information can’t be shown. View: Root. TypeError: Cannot read property to LowerCase of undefined.” What’s weird is that it doesn’t even let me create a new wallet.

I’m using an Android phone and have the latest version installed. Tried restarting my phone and checked my internet connection.

I can’t uninstall the app - I don’t have the secret phrase of my account. I can’t get it using the app either since it doesn’t recognize my account/s.

I have fingerprint unlock but I know the password of my account as well.

I already created a support ticket but I was just wondering how common this error is, if I’d have difficulty accessing my account/how long it’d take. Not sure how fast the technical team will get back to me. Would appreciate any sort of feedback. Thanks.

2 Likes

Wait patiently for feedback from the support staff, who will give a more accurate and comprehensive response.

3 Likes

Will do. How long does it usually take for them to get back? A few hours? Days? A week?

1 Like

I think you can expect a longer waiting period than normal due to holidays. I don’t know how long though. If I had to take a random guess then 1st January.

3 Likes

What makes me worried is that something isn’t working properly so they’d probably need to figure that out and fix it when they release a new version of the app which can take at least a few weeks :frowning: I also don’t get how everything was working fine a few hours ago and all of a sudden all my accs were gone. (meaning not showing up)

1 Like

I understand and it is very unfortunate and quite annoying I can imagine, but it’s extremely important to store your seed phrase safely. For now all we can do is wait for the support to get back to you. I would suggest you do not delete your wallet since you do not have the seed phrase.

3 Likes

Learned my lesson for sure. I hope there is a fix they can deploy. I’ve seen a few other people also mention the same issue(or very similar) and some of them were quite vocal at first. Yet they didn’t post much after a while so I’d assume the MetaMask team fixed the issue for them promptly otherwise I’d imagine they’d be a lot more vocal. but maybe I’m just too optimistic idk…

2 Likes

The tech support said this is a known bug and they’re working on a fix. Though I’m a bit relieved to hear that, I found someone submitted a PR on MetaMask’s Github regarding this bug weeks ago and no update has been made so far.

Wanted to share as I go in case someone else experiences smth similar and needs some insight on the situation. It’s good to know I’m not alone.

2 Likes

Glad you got in touch with the team and it is being fixed! Now it’s just a game of patience :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi! Were you in Discord earlier today too? I think we chatted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.