Please help im beggin you

please help me all my tokens are gone in metamask i uninstalled the metamask chrome extension so that i can create a new metamask wallet then when i tried to login into my first old metamask wallet it did not recognize my password so i added my seedphrase in metamask and created a new password and all my coins are gone what do i do now

i had different wallets i dont recall the name of the wallets and i think metamask help article is saying you have to know the name of the wallet to readd the account and i dont recall the name of the wallet and some wallet addresses i do have

is my coins are gone forever?

1 Like

Hey @Superstar, please make sure that you have typed the correct Secret Recovery Phrase for the correct wallet address you are trying to access. The wallet address you are trying to access could have also been an imported or hardware account.

Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

yes i did type the correct correct Secret Recovery Phrase and some coins came up in the default MetaMask address but I don’t recall the names of the wallet accounts so how can I get my other wallet accounts to show up when I don’t recall the names of it does that mean if I don’t know the names I named the wallet accounts then coins are gone forever?

No need to worry, to access any additional accounts you created, you can click ‘Create account’, the wallet addresses will be the same, you will just need to rename them again.

Please refer to the article I linked above for more information.

i added new accounts i renamed it what i thought the name was and nothing came up I have my wallet address but its not in my metamask account I added 13 new accounts hoping my old accounts start reappearing and only 2 of my old account reappeared the rest did not what should I do

Were they imported accounts? If so, they belong to a different wallet with a different Secret Recovery Phrase. If you have the private keys for them, you can import them again.

they were not imported accounts they were accounts I created inside metamask that I renamed does that mean if I don’t know the name of the wallet then the coins are lost forever from reading the help article it looks like I need to know the name of the wallet I created inside metamask I don’t recall the name I only have the wallet address what should I do

You do not need to know the name, the wallet address is what matters. Have you added the tokens you are looking for as custom tokens again?

yes i did and the coins dont show up and its a different wallet address I only remembered one wallet name and when I renamed the wallet then one coin came up that’s why I thought I have to know the wallet name and the help article made it sound you have to know the wallet name I only remembered one wallet name and now I have 13 accounts because I was guessing what the names might be and I cant delete it and the help article said to add it in order what do I do

The wallet name does not matter, it is the wallet address that matters such as 0xF1dty4…

If there is a specific wallet address you are looking for, please make sure that it is a part of the same wallet with the same Secret Recovery Phrase. This tool may also help you:

https://danfinlay.github.io/mnemonic-account-generator/

i dont understand how to use that link I have some of the account wallet addresses they are not showing up in metamask are you sure I don’t need to know the wallet name the help article said different please help

Which help article are you referring to? You can type the link by adding spaces in between, like www. google . com

The wallet name is just for your organization within your MetaMask wallet display, it is your wallet address that matters.

this one said to name the accounts which I don’t know the name to https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015489271-How-to-add-missing-accounts-after-restoring-with-Secret-Recovery-Phrase the link you sent how to use that link where do I find json or private key file will this help load my accounts inside metamask

You said
If there is a specific wallet address you are looking for, please make sure that it is a part of the same wallet with the same Secret Recovery Phrase. This tool may also help you:

/mnemonic-account-generator/

I have some of the wallet addresses what do I do with it how do I use the account generator
you sent

Yes, if the wallet address you are trying to access was an imported account, you will need the private key to import them again. If the Secret Recovery Phrase you have used does not show the wallet address you are trying to access, along with any additional accounts you created, it was likely an imported account.

You can follow the instructions on the page to use the account generator. As stated, it would be best to use it on a safe computer that is not connected to the internet.

Please help me I know the accounts were not imported I created them inside metamask

Please refer to all the links I have sent above, and follow their steps :slight_smile:

I only see one link u sent and I don’t understand how to use it please help me :sob: I feel so alone is there a way to get help on webinar

For explanation of any mistakes you could have made when accessing your wallet :point_down:

For adding a custom token :point_down:

To see if the wallet address you are looking for is a part of the same Secret Recovery Phrase you are using :point_down:

https://danfinlay.github.io/mnemonic-account-generator/

The article you sent
Titled

How to add missing accounts after restoring with Secret Recovery Phrase

I followed the instructions exactly and it only added one wallet address and that’s only because I remembered the wallet name however it never added my other old wallet addresses what should I do now