Reinstalled the metamask wallet, the created wallets and tokens disappeared

reinstalled the metamask wallet, the created wallets and tokens disappeared.
reinstalled windows and metamask wallet. after recovering with the help of the seed phrase, all wallets created earlier disappeared. who knows how to restore wallets. using the seed phrase, one wallet is restored, three wallets were created.

4 Likes

@Rus Thank you for taking the time to participate in our growing community. Please read the below and delete before posting.

Safety first:

*** Do** not share your seed phrase/ secret recovery phrase with ANYONE , both in private or public.

• Do not share any information that will associate your wallet identity (transaction ID/hash or account address) to your email address in a public forum.

Pro Tips:

• A quick search in the community might get you the answer to the question first.
  • Utilize our extensive Knowledge Base article in the Help Center .
  • One issue per topic will help others to answer the question quicker.
  • Check out the common terms you can use to describe the question.
1 Like

@Rus sorry to hear you are facing such issues. Please refer to this link for further details.
You can also refer to this previous post

did u find a solution???

I had the same issue, but me was just the Tokens which disappeared… i just clicked to : add new assets - entred the respectove token address and recovered all my tokens

What do you mean with Wallets ? Accounts ?

2 Likes

Try this Rus
go to your central exchange that you used to send your ETH to metamask
Go into transaction history in your profile click on send and receives and the addresses that you sent tokens to should come up
you can then copy the address and add it to your metamask were it says add address
now you may have opened other accounts on metamask and funded them via internal transfer between accounts assuming they are ETH main net you go to the eth account which should be the first token in the account in the top right hand corner above it you will see 3 dots click that and it will give you the option to view on etherscan click that and it will take you to were you can preview all your ETH transactions from there you will recognise what tokens went where copy those addresses and add new addresses to the metamask that should sort most of it out
if you had accounts on other chains let me know and I will walk you through it
(Matic network , Go chain etc)
Cheers

You have to add your missing tokens manually. Go to either CoinGecko or Coinmarketcap and copy the token address for each missing coin you owned and click add new token option in Metamask and your tokens should magically reappear.

Привет! Скажи -у тебя получилось восстановить ранее созданные кошельки?

Hello. Recovered through the private key. Other options don’t work!

1 Like

Привет! Получилось восстановить только через закрытый ключ.

Hi my account is missing after the recovery, I know my wallet address which is missing. However as you mentioned you can copy and add the address in meta mask but i think there is no option to add the wallet address isnt it ? Please if you can help me.

Hi Bitdaddy,

I had the same problem with MM. Entered the correct seed phrase but my old account didn’t pop up… I can view my old account on etherscan, but I have no clue what to do… I’m 100% sure that it’s the correct seed phrase, but don’t have the private string. When setting my MM up, never saw anything about a private string

Can you help me with this please??

You can contact me at twitter: @FreCa1612

Thanks!

1 Like

:dizzy:

Guide: “Find the lost account” (from a real case)

I have experienced the same issue, meaning after reinstalling the extension and importing wallet with usual seed phrase a new Account 1 (without funds, of course) showed up. I was able to get back to my Account with funds as the bug happened again (lucky I was!) and the usual seed phrase allowed me to connect to the right Account 1 on another chrome session.

After two months of research, I found on my device a seed phrase to which my Account 1 with funds really belons. I have never seen/used this seed phrase before.

I developed step by step guide how to search this hidden seed phrase (the vault data of it is in ‘broken’ format).

:heartpulse: I really hope it would help! :heartpulse:
You can find this guide on github issue 3127. :point_down:

Please, feel free to leave your feedback! :point_down:

• I found the pryvate key! Lost account recovered! :grinning:
  • I found the pryvate key, but it was not right one for my lost account :roll_eyes:
  • I found the "hidden" seed phrase following “Guide 2” :+1: Lost account recovered!
  • I found the “hidden” seed phrase following “Guide 3” :+1: Lost account recovered!
  • I found the vault data in “broken” format, but was not able to decrypt it :cry:

0 voters

Thank you for your help. I hope i’ll find a solution…

i have same issue also, computer got crashed and after reinstalling chrome and adding metamask extension with secret phrase, it added new account under same address and my tokens are missing, even if i import or add manually tokens , it dont show balance,

read some blogs n came to know that metamask will keep on adding new account numbers under same address whenever u use secret phrase to add account,

and to add or import old account you need private key or jason file, which u can have only before crashing of system because that private key or jason file stays in system,

raised a request with metamask and waiting for their response,

anyone else have idea or anyone have resolved his similar problem,.

2 Likes

Continue to pay attention, I have encountered similar problems :rofl:

Anyone got support from MM ? I didn’t have answers for weeks with the similar issue

You can view the on-chain data directly to see the token in your wallet, and then add it to your wallet to display it

did u ever find a solution? delaing with same problem

I did some work around during troubleshooting the problem and still did not recover but came to some new conclusions,

I created a new metamask wallet and got the address and transferred some BNB in wallet, later copied the import key and opened metamask in other computer and tried adding via import account , it added but did not show balance, added network manually but it still did not show the balance,

Seems some issue with metamask and we need there support to resolve the issue,

Too add more here, i can see all missing assets from wallet on bscscan site which is connected to metamask same wallet, all details which token , quantity, swapped, price, gas fee but its not showing tokens balance in wallet.

1 Like