Problem importing babydoge into metamask

Hi, please help, I’m panicking here I did transfer babydoge to trustwallet from OKex, but that didn’t work because truswallet Doesnt support KCC blockchain. They however referred me to Metamask, and said I need extract my babydoge using their guide on how to recover funds send to a wrong public address

So I did. I used the Mnemonic code converter and tried to import the Derived Address in Metamask. It said it worked. But I couldn’t see my Babydoge. So I added babydoge token address, but still nothing in there.

Now I’m completely lost. I’m not sure what I’m doing any more. I was hoping to find a step by step guide to import my transaction in Metamask using Mnemonic or another way to recover my lost babydoge

I hope someone here can help me out, because honestly I’m lost.

1 Like

Hey @mrroy44. welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

What network was your babydoge sent on? Would you be able to send a transaction hash?

Hi, I did send it from Okex, which apparently uses KCC (according to truswallet) to trustwallet who uses BEP20 or ERC20

This is the transaction hash 95753AED57EE3A1F5C1B3D525DCD1331F54879D8C032CFA3C13A570D9680D490

Do you mean from Okex, or KuCoin? KuCoin is the exchange involved with KCC.

Make sure you have KCC network configured on your MetaMask wallet, and you have imported the correct contract address for your token on KCC.

From Okex to trust wallet, but trust wallet did tell me they couldn’t help me because the tokens where send to my address and received. And Trustwallet wrote me:

Trust wallet currently doesn’t supports KCC blockchain
You have to extract your Babydoge private keys using this guide: [How To Recover Funds Sent to a Wrong Public Address] ( a link to how to recover funds))

Select ETH in the coin part. Scroll down to the list of derived addresses and get the private key in the first row.

After getting the private key, Import to wallet that supports KCC blockchain eg. Metamask.

[in case you use Metamask] Set the custom blockchain as shown on this guide: yadawallets com how-to-add-kucoin-community-chain-to-metamask

Make sure you have KCC network configured on your MetaMask wallet, and you have imported the correct contract address for your token on KCC.

How do I add the contractaddress? I did ad my wallet address

You can import custom tokens with these steps in our Knowledge Base:

I’m not familiar with this token, but this may be the contract address for it on KCC:

1 Like

Hi @mrroy44 you used OKExChain network :point_down:

:one: How to connect MetaMask to the OKExChain network

:two: Imported a BabyDoge :point_down: contract address
0x97513e975a7fa9072c72c92d8000b0db90b163c5

2 Likes

U|nfortunately, it still didn’t work :frowning:

YESSSSS!!! YESSSSS! YESSSS!!! Thank you soooo much! You’re a lifesaver!

Also ofcourse thanks to @nakedwinnie for trying to help!

1 Like

OOOPS…I think I was wrong…it showed me a number before BABY doge, but it doesn’t seem to be my amount does it…it still says 0 okt :frowning:

Hmm :thinking: and you see the correct ETH address in the MetaMask wallet? :fox_face: 0x9b17…

You can send some photo :camera_flash: your MetaMask wallet?

1 Like

I’m off to bed now…I will read your reply tomorrow. Thanks once again

That’s all right :slightly_smiling_face: Ethereum Mainnet shows 0 BABYDOGE :smiley: because your token is on the OKExChain network… and OKExChain displays the correct amount 310444434679.27 BABYDOGE

1 Like

:open_mouth:But my account doesn’t show a value and if I choose send, I’m not able to select anything.

:sweat_smile: Just bought some okt on okex. I did put some in my funding wallet, I did send some to my metamask wallet and I left some in my trading wallet on Okex

But I still don’t see any way to send Babydoge and the value of the wallet is only the value of the OKT. When I click send on babydoge, I’m only able to select OKT. Am I still missing something? Do I need to transfer the OKT somewhere to pay the iitial transaction of the babydoge? Or do I need to get a different Gas like eth, because I did initially send it to the trust wallet which uses ETH?

I’m sorry… I’m not new to trading, but I’m new to these kind of wallets. I normally only bought on Binance

No need to apologize, we’re here to help :slight_smile:

Do you mean there’s no option to click on your babydoge token, only OKT? Would you be able to send a screenshot?

Here is information on how to send tokens on our Knowledge Base:

1 Like

I Wasn’t as a new poster able to reply faster due to limitations on my replies but everything works fine now. It just seems that I can not use my phone wallet to transfer Babydoge. Instead I need to use my desktop. My phone only lets me transfer the OKT. But that isn’t much of a problem. Just a bug off the app I guess.

I want to thank you all so much for your help. You all are really great! :hugs: :raised_hands: :clap: :muscle: :fire:

1 Like

By the way, could you maybe point me in the right direction of how I could get my baby doge on the main network instead of the OKExChain? Because it seems that the auto reflections aren’t supported by OKExChain and I’m not able to buy on another network due to limitations for Dutch citizens.