Recovery Phrase Entered, Wallet wont appear

I used my recovery phrase to access my account and now my old wallet wont appear. Im trying to recover the main wallet (old ‘account 1’) but the wallet address is different. I cant access any of my funds. However I can still see them from outside of the wallet. I have all my connected RPCs but nothing is the right address.

3 Likes

bende de aynı problem var transfer yapmıştım. Trust cüzdanında sadece izleme olarak görebiliyorum her şeyi ama işlem yapamıyorum. metamask hesabımda ise cüzdana erişemiyorum

2 Likes

I have the same problem with my transfer. I can see everything as tracking only in Trust wallet but I can’t. I cannot access the bag if it is in my metamask account

2 Likes

Hi @mabster81. Could you describe what happened to you? I cannot really understand weather your usual seed phrase doesn’t allow you to access. Just trying to help. Also you can try to go through the guide on GitHub https://github.com/MetaMask/metamask-extension/issues/3127#issuecomment-1072775852

1 Like

hi,

the seed phrase is absoloutely correct, have recovered my accounts multiple times and all accounts appeared without problems.

this time around the account2 has completely vanished and replaced by another account number.

i have generated 10,000 account numbers associated with my recovery phrase and it is not on the list anymore.

this is a huge glitch in metamask software and many people have been effected and lost their access to their crypto - i believe this is a deliberate scam done by MetaMask hoping that people will give up and in 5 to `10 years they will get to keep the crypto.

1 Like

thanks for the concern appreciate that, only thing left is follow your process and try to recover

my point is this should be fixed by Metamask and not the customers - this is a glitch they have to fix, but i do not think they want to as this can bring them Billions if they are able take over ur accounts after 5 to 10 years of no activity when regulations come in - like in the traditional financial world

1 Like

Hello @mabster81 , welcome to the metamask community,

Do you have your private key stored securely somewhere of the different wallet accounts ?

1 Like

Hey spoon, I had the same problem the other day.

For me, I had the wrong seed phrase but nevertheless I found the solution to your problem and restored all of my wallets exactly how they were.

this youtube video explains in detail what to do https ://youtu.be/Lhwv-qI5j9w

You basically want to restart the extension with the info you had before it got reset.

you will also need to enable “show hidden folders” to finish the process.

Keep in mind that some things in that video that aren’t necessarily best practice. You don’t want to save your secret recovery phrase on cloud storage, this is not safe. The video creator says not to waste your time writing down the secret recovery phrase, this also is not safe practice.

Or you can follow the steps in this guide https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018766351-How-to-use-the-Vault-Decryptor-with-the-MetaMask-Vault-Data

But I do think the video explains it better and has a better method.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi @mabster81 . Could I ask you if you were able to get back your account? Thank you.

1 Like