Small amount of eth into matic from eth mainnet to matic network on metamask

HI, I do have an new issue : I tried to swap (bridge I think it was) some eth from eth network to matic mainnet on metamask but now I think it is only visible on opensea (eth polygon) when I connect my wallet (or is this something different?)! Can it be visible on metamask eth network (or matic mainnet!) too as I added the token matic (but the logo is different?), a bit confusing, some help please ? Kind regards

2 Likes

Hi @Luk have you added a polygon network?

3 Likes

Hi Luigi, thank you, yes I added the polygon network (or matic mainnet) on my Iphone and my laptop yesterday, so that is not the problem I think!?

2 Likes

Just add a token contract address :point_down: watch this video

2 Likes

Hi Luigi, thanks, my ultimate goal is to get some matic on Matic Mainnet on metamask! I could buy directly with transak or moonpay but I prefer to get it from my eth main network! I found an interesting article on medium (how to get matic on polygon, a step by step guide) where you can bring it over with wallet polygon technologie. But why should I use Weth instead of bridge Eth as you suggest?

2 Likes

Hmm :thinking: and do you have any ETH on the Ethereum mainnet?

You can use the site changenow:

3 Likes

Yes Luigi I do have some eth on my eth network and I worked with changenow before (it was from eth network to BSC) and that worked very well! But if I see on the website of changenow exchange pairs (if you click on the website, you scroll down at your left), I can not see ‘eth to matic’? So that is why I think that is not possible?! What do you think?

1 Like

You can exchange ETH for MATIC :smiley: on this page.

4 Likes

Ok but is it then bridge from eth network to matic network do you think?

1 Like

Fast Crypto Swaps page :smiley: YES

2 Likes

I could try it out whith a small amount? For ex 0,005 eth, or does it has to be a higher amount y think?

2 Likes

YES :slightly_smiling_face: you can try a small amount 0,005 ETH

2 Likes

Ok Luigi, are you sure of this?

1 Like

NO Luke :grin: minimum amount :frog: jumps up and down…

Minimum is now: 0,0074036 ETH :point_down:

But don’t worry :smiley: this is a simple swap.
Changenow page will notify you when you enter a small amount.

3 Likes

Hallo Luigi, I tried it but it is still in ‘awaiting deposit’-modus, I think I can chat with changenow on there website I see;:wink: Otherwise I will check with them if it’s doable;;-)) and I promise I will keep you informed on this page of metamask;;-), thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Okey :slightly_smiling_face: let me know how it turned out.

2 Likes

Hallo Luigi, as promised! It all worked out well. I tried it allover again and was able to swap some eth to matic (from eth network to matic network on metamask) with changenow!! The minimum amount was about 0,005 eth! And then I was able to swap it with bogswap dex
Thanks a lot for you help ;;-)))) Luk

1 Like

I am glad to hear that :slightly_smiling_face: have a good day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.