Swap error, please help

Hello,

I recently swapped .25 of BNB or about $70 USD for KAVA but I only got back 2.26 KAVA in return, only about $3.58. Some how I lost like $67 minus gas fee. Where the heck did all my money go?? Is there anything I can do about this? Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello @mnatole ! Welcome to MetaMask community !

Can you write where you made the swap?

4 Likes

Also please check out this article:

4 Likes

It was made here on MetaMask through Pancake Swap and it only shows a transaction fee of $.25 and a gas fee of .000000005 BNB

3 Likes

Can you provide the hash of the transaction?

4 Likes

It may be that the liquidity of this trading pair is insufficient, resulting in the lower number of tokens you get than expected.

6 Likes

Hello @mnatole, welcome to MetaMask community!

Have you checked what happened with your transaction on bscscan blockchain explorer?

4 Likes

0x47148cc4d5bccad698061270a1af70cf7a689b6d8f40771c7a24ef2c6f914173

2 Likes

After a bit of research, the issue with the Kava token you exchanged your BNB for is that it’s a scam token. Kava is o token on Ethereum network and on Polygon network, with a value of 1.53$ at this moment. See here and here:

The token you exchanged for, is this one:

That’s the contract address shown in the transaction you made and it has no liquidity, except BNB in the pair, with a value of the token of 30$, which explains why you only got 2.26 Kava tokens.

9 Likes

Well that sucks. I guess I am out of luck then. Does this present any kind of security risk for my accounts then? I wrongly assumed that trades/swaps through MetaMask would not be scams. Guess I wont use this service anymore.

2 Likes

MetaMask Swaps combines data from multiple DEXs, helping users get the best price. Users should always research the tokens they’re swapping for, to confirm it’s the one you want (verifying token addresses) and the legitimacy of a project. Anyone can create a token contract and deploy it to the blockchain. MetaMask will warn users throughout the swap process if the token is not verified on enough sources, but the responsibility is always of us, the individual, to research a token before committing to swap to it.

Would you be willing to submit a ticket to our Help Desk on this issue you have? To do so, you would visit support.metamask.io and click the large blue ‘Start a Conversation’ bubble. This will initially connect you to a bot, but as you answer questions it will connect you to an agent. Please share with the agent this is in regards to a transaction on MetaMask Swaps. MetaMask will blacklist scam tokens but a token has to be verified if it’s actually a scam or not. You submitting will help this process and they can pull gather a bit more information.

When using MetaMask Swaps, the interaction is directly with the Swap router contract and not with the token contract. Your wallet should not be at risk in this specific example. Help Desk can provide even more detail on this.

Remember, never share your Secret Recovery Phrase with anyone (including support)! This includes inputting on a site that may be asking for it as verification. If you get a pop-up asking for it, or ever see something asking for it when you know you’re wallet is already active on your device, be suspicious and do not interact. You can always ask for information through our help desk or on the forum.

8 Likes

Yes I can start a ticket, thanks. I sincerely appreciate all of the assistance I have received on this site. Thank you very much to everyone who has helped me with this.

7 Likes

Thank you so much! The swaps team will be there for more information when you submit.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.