Token Swap (Matic)

For 700 matic I mistakenly swapped them to WBUSD and I should be getting around 112 WBUSD but i got only 9.5 and for those 9.5 WBUSD i’m able to get back 60 matic only :frowning_face: , please help me to get my matic back.

@Stephanae please help.

Hello @kanu99 , welcome to MetaMask community.

Standby while I review the transaction details you provided . I will get back to you shortly

2 Likes

Thanks Stephanae, It would be really great if you can help me to get back my matic

@kanu99 , from the transaction hash you provided , it shows the swap was executed successfully. And the records are on the polygonscan network transaction history ,

You need to be more patient , a community moderator will look it up and explain how this happened. Because the final value can be found but it’s not on your history .

1 Like

@Stephanae According to you how many WBUSD I should be getting? I got only 9.5 which are worth around 60 matic only but i swapped 700 matic.

Hey @kanu99, please report this issue to the technical support team at https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a conversation

3 Likes

I created a ticket but It has a long wait time, isn’t there any other way?

This is the best way to communicate with the support team. A team member will be with you as soon as they can, thank you for your patience! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the help!

@nakedwinnie @Stephanae Haven’t got reply from developer team yet, I would be able to get my my matic back? what do you guys think?

Developer team said they can’t get my matic back :cry: , but on metamask UI it was showing price difference of 11 USD then I clicked on I understand. Who is responsible for this?

When trading, metamask will have a red warning. Generally, it is necessary to trade cautiously. Sometimes, due to insufficient depth, sticking to trading will bring greater losses.

@Tksly I traded cautiously but got different amount than shown.

Hey @kanu99, it looks like your ticket is still open. If you have any further questions, you can continue asking with the support member that is currently assisting you.

I just want my matic back, It was metamask’s mistake that showed me wrong amount before swapping.

I traded cautiously, the amount shown on metamask UI was different from what I received, please give me my matic back.

Hello, I’m sorry about your experience, but the transaction itself is a risky thing. For such a high sliding point transaction, metamask gave a prompt during the transaction. I hope to be cautious in future transactions. As a decentralized wallet, metamask only provides a mechanism for matching transactions. All trading platforms, including metamask, cannot 100% guarantee the security of transactions. For many high slip points, low liquidity, unknown tokens, etc., we need to be careful at all times.

2 Likes

Metamask UI showed me incorrect number of tokens thus metamask is responsible and metamask should be paying me back for my loss.