Unable to add new account

Recently, I tried to add a new burner account to my MetaMask. I tried both on Brave and Firefox (on Win 11) and all seems ok, but when I hit the “Add new account” button, give the new account a name and click Create, nothing happens. I see a momentary busy icon on the browser page (behind the “Add account” dialog box), but that’s it. No new account created.

Is there an issue on FF or Brave? (I refuse to use Chrome or Edge…)

Cheers
Metamask

1 Like

Hi @MadDogDean,

Welcome to the MetaMask community,

I have just created a new account in my MetaMask wallet on Brave and there was no issue.

What versions of Browsers and MetaMask are you using?
Make sure that both the Browsers and the MetaMask are the latest versions and try it again.

1 Like

Hi @Maryam,

Thanks for your input. Both the Brave browser and MM extension are up to date. I actually just elevated to the support team.

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers

2 Likes

Hi! Exactly what you described is happening to me.
Did you get it figured out?

Please reach out to MetaMask Support.

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

2 Likes

Lots of trial and error…

Write down or save ALL private keys - including the private key for the original wallet (the old one you setup with a seed phrase)

DO NOT EVER EVER SHARE THIS WITH ANY SCAMMERS!!!

Uninstall the browser extension
Reinstall the browser extension
Create a brand new ETH network wallet and get your new seed phrase (save this one…)
Import existing accounts (including your original account)
All should work now.

This solves the unable to create a new wallet problem, as well as the duplicate account I was seeing.

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you!!!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.