When Speeding Up is the only solution?

I tried transferring DAI from my Metamask Palm account to my Metamask Ethereum Mainnet account back in January. Within a few days, I realized that I needed to first convert the DAI to ETH to do that. Fine. I was a dumb beginner. I hit Cancel the transaction. I saw a message to speed it up and decided that I don’t need speed. So I waited. I largely forgot about, but now it’s almost May and I see that I am still waiting for the transaction to be canceled. It’s not going to happen unless I pay . . . I am learning.

How do I speed this up in the cheapest manner? All of the money in my account is the DAI that is involved in this transaction, so I understand I may need to add new funds? I have no clue how much to add, but I assume this should be ETH in my Metamask Ethereum Mainnet account? Is that correct? Thank you!

More info showing I started on January 3 and hit cancel on January 22:
Nonce

Amount
-603.612 DAI

Gas Limit (Units)

Gas price

Total
0ETH

Activity log:

Transaction created with a value of 0 ETH at 14:39 on 1/3/2022.

Transaction submitted with estimated gas fee of 0 WEI at 14:40 on 1/3/2022.

Transaction cancel attempted with estimated gas fee of 0 WEI at 14:02 on 1/22/2022

Speed up this cancellation

Transaction data:

Transaction decoding is not available for chainId

The gas fee on the Ethereum network is always paid in ETH. I also found two articles that might help you.

2 Likes

Hello, you use palm chain, so you need cross chain operation to transfer your Dai to the address in eth chain. In addition, during any operation, there must be a small amount of PLM in your account as gas. You can reset your metamask wallet first, then deposit some PLM, and finally transfer to the address of eth chain through cross chain

1 Like

I am such a terrible doer of this stuff. By that, I mean I have to learn the hard way, it seems.

So, my Palm Metamask account does not have the active Buy button to add funds for gas fees. I am not sure what to do to get that button active. Thus, I switched to my Metamask Ethereum Mainnet and bought ETH. They are both my accounts, so I thought I could pay gas fees. But now those funds are in my Metamask Ethereum Mainnet and not in my Metamask Palm where I need them. Apparently, my Metamask Ethereum Mainnet account is mine, but it doesn’t know my other Metamask account on Palm.

I’ll try resetting my account. Thanks.

Resetting fixed it all. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.