Incorrect restoration of Metamask wallet

Добрый вечер, Игорь. @igor237 Со мной случилась такая же история в августе прошлого года (ты можешь проверить историю моих сообщений нажав на мой ник). Браузер имеет значение, так же как и операционная система, на которой работает твой компьютер. От этого будут зависить шаги, как восстановить доступ. Хотя я получила доступ к своему кошелку из-за того что глюк случился еще раз на другом профиле Хрома, я нашла сид фразу в старых логовых ldb файлах, к которой принадлежал мой кошелек. Этой фразы я никогда до этого не видела, и разные vaul data для этой фразы имели разные пароли, как будто бы я ее сознательно использовала и меняла пароль. Вот такая история. Обращайся, если нужна будет помощь. Буду рада помочь.

1 Like

That’s exactly the same situation for me.

I have copied and posted the secret phrase from where I keep it, which I have done before quite successfully, because on occasion the password doesn’t work, but this time it restores an empty wallet.

If you are still having issues, you can try confirming your Secret Recovery Phrase with the Vault Decryptor. Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

Hi Andrew @andrew. What device did you use to create your MetaMask wallet? Which browser? Something similar happened to me a few months ago, on Windows (Chrome) We could try the steps I used to find the real seed phrase for my account. (sorry for my English, I am not native :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

I have the same problem and it’s driving me crazy.
Suddenly my Metamask gave an error on my phone and it said I had to uninstall and reinstall it.
So I did exactly that, copied my saved secret phrase and suddenly it’s a different account with none of my crypto’s on it.
I was stacking my shiba on shibaswap and my account still seems to connect to the wallet. but on the Metamask app it doesn’t show my normal account or my crypto’s.
I hope this can be fixed fast, this is about a couple thousands of dollars.

I’ve been busy all evening to get it back, also with the tips mentioned above.
Nothing worked so far…

So how do I get it back?

Anybody in here that got it fixed and can help me out?

MomOfTwin здравствуйте, подскажите пожалуйста какие шаги вы предприняли для восстановления строго адреса?
Я переустановил метамаск после того как он завис и не запускался ( удалил его и установил заново с применением заранее сохранённой сид фразой), но получил в итоге новый адрес кошелька с 0 на балансе.

Hi Elena,

Yes I used Windows and Chrome too.

Best Wishes,

image001.jpg

Please make sure that you are inputting the correct Secret Recovery Phrase for the correct wallet address you are trying to access. It may also be that the address you are looking for is a hardware device or an imported account. Often times, people also make the mistakes of typing the words in the wrong order, such as in a column when it should be typed in a row. Here is more information on our Knowledge Base, please read them over:

If you do not have your Secret Recovery Phrase, or would like to confirm it, you can try using the Vault Decryptor:

1 Like

Hi Andrew. @andrew. First, try to not download/install anything on you Windows device, because doing this will definitely erase your deleted files (deleted files remain on the hard drive till being overwrote by another files) We will try to recover them. You will need a flash drive or external drive to download and install PreviousFilesRecovery tool. (https:/ / www . nirsoft . net/utils/previous_files_recovery.html) as well as AstroGrep tool (make a google search). Once these tools are ready on your external device, we will search for the locations from which there is a need to recover deleted files. They might contain the data to recover your account.

@Dimji Hi Dimitri. Do you use iPhone or Android ? If you use iPhone, there is a very little chance, but maybe you have some old (before you reinstalled MetaMask) iCloud backup like in the screenshot below? Or in the ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup if you use MAC ? Or some back-up on your PC? Sorry, but I do not know how to recover the files on Android. Also, how did you store your seed phrase? Why I’m asking is that is much easier to find 1-3 mistakes in seed phrase compearing to finding the old files. So, if you wrote it down, how many times?

I have an Iphone and saved it in my notes 1x. The same secret phrase is also in my icloud notes.
Couldn’t find anything more…

nd now, when I type the same secret code for importing an account it says it can’t import this key and that I have to fill it in correctly.
But I copy pasted it from the beginning, all 12 words are there and they’re written correctly.

Try to download another wallet (your seed phrase doesn’t belong to MetaMask but to blockchain) like Trust Wallet, for example, and use your seed phrase there. Just to see if your seed is correct. What about your cloud or local backups? Do you have any ?

Hi ive got the same problem… my mmwallet crashed all of the sudden and after downloading it again and using my secret phrase it came up with a whole new wallet with non of my cryptos on it! There is a lot of money and time involve in this wallet please help…im using an windows 10 operative sistem in my computer. Im desasperate.

I now me seed is correct please help

How something like this can happen.how can a wallet just crashed…is so scary when you are putting a lot of your money trusting this wallets