Incorrect restoration of Metamask wallet

I feel bad for everyone who is going through this. I’ve tried to recover my account with the only seed phrase I’ve ever had. It keeps giving me a totally different wallet, with nothing in it.

Hey @artislife2me, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

It is unfortunate that this does happen. This issue can occur for several reasons, such as writing down the Secret Recovery Phrase incorrectly, trying to access an account on a different wallet, and typing the words in the wrong order.

You can try confirming your Secret Recovery Phrase with the Vault Decryptor:

1 Like

I have tried this. It confirms the recovery phrase that I am using. I have used this recovery phrase before and it opened my wallet and showed the coins held there. Now it shows empty.

No. I have tried everything suggested but nothing works

I’m absolutely sure I wrote it correctly. What do I try next?

@Marticlp , @andrew lets try something. @artislife2me if you use Windows you could do the same.
Search with AstroGrep in the folder C:\Users\Your_USER\AppData\Local (1) for the expression 0xfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffebaaedce6af48a03bbfd25e8cd0364141 (2) choose “Search Subfolders” (3) once “Search Finiched” (4) click “Data Modified” (5) to show the oldest files first. Make a screenshot with “Located in” and “Date Modified” fully visible like in the example :point_down: Post the image in this thread for I could see it.

@Marticlp @andrew @artislife2me

Do the same for \"salt expression like in example :point_down: Post the image in this thread for I could see it, too.

Thanks… is this to use the vault decryptor? Cause i have already done this…and got the same seed phrase i have saved… and no success still shows a different account with non of my cryptos in it. Please help i have years of savings in there

@Marticlp it is about finding an another seed phrase, the real one for your account. In my case it was a seed phrase I never saw/used before. It seems like there is a process in MM that creates a seed phrase without showing it to user. I think it worth to try.

Thats is so scary! People trust this wallet with thousands of dollars on it…to just randomly be expose to have this kinds of problems. Is there someone that can contact me on phone or so…im pretty bad with this vault decryptor thing and again i have opened all the file you show in the picture and after decrypting them it came with the same seed phrase i have …same order words everything…and my lost wallet does not come back

@Marticlp I really need the visual of the two screenshots I asked for. It’s safe, do not worry. Without that I cannot help. :slightly_frowning_face: First screenshot can show the dates when the MM code went through the seed phrases creation process as well as the locations (browsers/sessions) The second shows if you have needed files. If there is no needed files present on the hard drive, it’s still possible to try to recover them, here again, the information from the first screenshot helps to determinate the dates/locations what to search for!!!

Looking at my fwallet where I have fantom coins, it clearly shows them in Metamask and the address in Metamask. Likewise in the Graph I can see the address it was sent to. (The same address in both cases, but restoring Metamask does not restore this wallet but a completely new and empty one. I have tried vault decryptor and adding wallets without success. There must be a very serious glitch in Metamask.

1 Like

I have the same issue since yesterday. I have only one MM account with one seed phrase I used earlier. Back then it worked. Second time used the exact same phrase and now different account adresses are showing up.
I can see my original adres on bscscan.

I see SO many topics about this and I also tried yesterday the WHOLE day everything whats stated in those links.

Problem is, I know 1000% sure I used the right seed phrase. I wrote it down on paper AND digital. Like: 1. 2. 3. Etc. So the order is also right.

This is a real problem bevause many people are affected with this.

I am currently doing this with every single file i have to get my wallet back. im using sublime text i cannot find whats needed for the vault decryptor do you have anymore knowledge as to what i am looking for in those files. And what exactly is the first image u posted here?

Hi! What OS are you using? Mac? Windows?

Mine is solved. My Metamask Seed Phrase was not the right one. I made a Metamask account in the Brave Browser. My Brave Wallet phrase was the right one for Metamask… I’m still confused but I have my wallet adres back… Maybe this helps other people.

3 Likes

Hi,

Windows.

Best Wishes,

image001.jpg

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.