Issue with tokens - gone

I’m having the same problem as SPARK - closed my MM account and re-downloaded, but new account contains none of my tokens. Anyone know how to fix this?

3 Likes

Hello @bpomeroy and welcome to the MetaMask community!

After you restore your wallet using its Secret Recovery Phrase, you will need to re-add all the custom networks you had before and also all the tokens you previously had imported, on the Ethereum Mainnet or other chains. Will leave some articles here to make things easier:

9 Likes

Hi @bpomeroy!
Do you mean your public address is not the same? Or tokens missing in your usual account?

5 Likes

Tokens are missing

~WRD0002.jpg

2 Likes

Hello,
Then, you need to follow what explained by @Urban.Moods. Add networks and the token contract addresses on those networks.

5 Likes

I’ve spent the last 3 hours trying to fix my account. I’ve been on the Urban.Moods site and it mentions others who have had this problem – so how did they fix their account? Perhaps it’s time for the technology team to get involved. I own USD, ETH and LUNA and would really like to access my cash to make additional purchases.

~WRD0002.jpg

2 Likes

Hi @bpomeroy ,

The forum is a place where we all try to help get you on the path you want to be. If this hasn’t worked, please reach out to the MetaMask Help Desk. They can ask for more information like your public wallet address to help determine the issue.

Remember, support will never ask you to provide your Secret Recovery Phrase. They also will NEVER ask for you to verify in a pop-up window or input on a forum. MetaMask will never email you and ask you to verify your account.

To reach out to Help Desk, visit support.metamask.io , click the large blue ‘start a conversation’ bubble on the right (screenshot below). This will connect you with a bot at first but as you answer questions it will connect you with an agent.

5 Likes

Out of curiosity, which SPARK token is it? If we know this, we might be able to help a little more…

or this one?

Or another? If another, can you share which one - there are several.

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about SPARK -where did this come from? I have 3 holdings in my account – USD, ETH and LUNA.

2 Likes

Where you had originally posted this message, you had mentioned SPARK, Sorry, I bet you meant the person and not token, that’s my fault I misunderstood and that’s my fault.

Reach out to help desk, this way you don’t have to share more personal information here on your wallet. It should be fairly simple like the steps everyone has shared but sometimes it’s helpful to have someone with you for questions as you go through!

Let us know if you find out anything more.

2 Likes

I’ve contacted support several times with no success. I need a real person to walk me thru the steps to recover my account

2 Likes

Support is a real person. That support connects you to a bot initially but it then links to a live agent once you answer a couple questions.

4 Likes

Just make sure you’re going through legit support link, the one I shared. Lots of scams (as I’m sure you know).

4 Likes

Hi @bpomeroy! Have you tried to follow this explanation as @Urban.Moods suggested?

4 Likes

As I’ve said several times, I have read the Urban.moods, but after 3 hours of trying to follow directions I still come up empty. I need someone (human) to walk me thru the correct process.

2 Likes

@bpomeroy , have you reached out to the MetaMask help desk as noted above? That will connect you to a real human. It at first is bot but you answer a few questions and it becomes a real human.

support.metamask.io

3 Likes

Still no response from support. This is getting out of hand. Why is it so difficult to move the tokens from the account reset to the new acct? At least now the 2 tokens in the account appear on the account page, but the associated shares still show 0 value. Pls find someone who can walk me thru the process.

2 Likes

Hi @bpomeroy ,

We’re sorry you’re still going through this issue. We all are here to help. When you went to the support link, it should have connected you to a bot that would just ask a couple questions and then connect you with a live agent (who can walk you through the process).

Can you let us know what happened when you went to the support help desk link. Detail helps so we can make sure you went to the right link/place.

If for some reason you didn’t get connected with a live agent after answering just a few questions from the bot (but typically you get connected to an agent), it would have given you a case number. If that is the case, can you provide the case number to me and I’ll dig?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Also, in addition to above - few things.

1. Please read this Knowledge Base article regarding 'My Secret Recovery Phrase restored the wrong account:
  1. Do you know if you had more than one address in your wallet originally? Some people have 2, 3, 4 + separate unique addresses under same wallet (which is all good) curious if you remember how many you had/used. This applies to the #2 statement in the above article shared.

2. Did you ever link a hardware wallet to your account?

3. Did you ever import an account from an outside file/private key)? This applies to #4 in the above article shared.

3 Likes

Looks like no one can solve this problem. I have $10,000 or so in that account, so don’t want to just write it off. I assume my tokens are still at MM, so what’s happening with them?

~WRD0002.jpg

2 Likes