Reset wallet... no coins showing..is there any hope?

I must have clicked on a bad “metmask update” extension and all of a sudden it wouldn’t accept my password. I reset the wallet and it loaded the wallet but there’s no coins on it? I just about had heart attack as I’ hurting and I had a lot of cheap coins on it. Does it ever take overnight to load the coins or do they all have to show up right away? I have the right seed phrase… can the coins be taken if I didn’t give away the seed phrase? I would never do that! Some people say that’s lot of people misspell the seed phrase so I did it again and the coins are not showing. Is there any hope in this situation? thank you

1 Like

This same this has happened to me today. I will keep you updated on if I find any answers that work everything I’ve tried so far has not.

The recovered account gave me a different wallet address and no coins showing.

1 Like

I don’t remember… it was last night and I wanted to buy a coin on dextools and I clicked on a Metamask “update” thinking it was the next version of the software I believe. I sure hope there is a fix to this, I had hundreds of little coins my only life savings and my dad is dying so if you know please please let me know the fix!

1 Like

I have been trying all day with no success. I will let you know when I find something! Please let me know to if you find a fixz

1 Like

I will let you know if I find anything I promise. I am praying. I am totally devastated about this. utu be diamond paradigm as the seal of god if you are interested it’s my channel

1 Like

I have been trying all day. I am devastated
. I hope it’s a software issue. God bless you

2 Likes

I just deleted the old wallet? why wouldn’t it be in the new wallet address I created? the coins are not supposed to be lost. I dont think I can recover it.

1 Like

Yes I have the original wallet seed phrase that I used to create the new wallet but the coins are not showing on it? do you know something I don’t? do you work for metamask or have you had this issue yourself?

1 Like

I did this. It accepted the seed phrase after I deleted the old wallet and it gave me new wallet wth new address but no coins. Is the interface something different than the metamask wallet? I use dextools in the browser only. I may have to go to bed but please tell me anything you can before you can leave because I am very desperate to get these coins back. God bless you for caring dominic. I will share with the others for sure, my friend.

1 Like

do I use the . instead of the * both times? i can’t get it to come up right now? If it works, can I still use the mask just like before, not just see the coins, I can trade them?

1 Like

is that a space before the “online” o or no space?

1 Like

why are you telling me this 10 mins?

1 Like

is he trying to steal my seed phrase?

1 Like

do you know how to fix this 10mins?

1 Like

@ROGERTHAT because Dominic5 is scammer

1 Like

lucky there is a guy on facebook and u tube named cryptodad he will take questions for 5 dollars if I had the money I would pay him 50 bucks for a hour of his time but I don’t have it. I am just broke right now and in pain. If you have income it would probably worth it

1 Like

I recently chagned to BigSur and I am wondering if luck did the same thing for macOS and this is the problem?

My situation wasn’t exactly like yours, but i had issues with my coins not showing after a transfer and resetting didn’t help. I removed and then reinstalled metamask on my browser, and then all my coins showed up properly. Try reinstalling the extension if you haven’t.

1 Like

You don’t need to pay someone for this - there are plenty of free resources, both on our forum and out there on youtube.

1 Like

Input your wallet address in bscscan and see if you can see your coins in there. You do have to redo your adding custom token to your metamask after you delete it and put your seed phrase in again. Add the custom tokens again

1 Like